PDA

View Full Version : Noodler's

tiffanyhenschel
July 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/30/y4ymupet.jpg

All bottles are 90-100% full with most 100% Make an offer. All reasonable offers considered.

Nakahama Whaleman's Sepia 4.5oz
Blackerase 4.5oz
Firefly
Blue Nose Bear
Dragon's Napalm

SOLD Black Swan In Australian Roses (original formula)

SOLD El Lawrence (2 bottles)
$18 for both plus $5 shipping

LOT SOLD Texas Pecan 1oz
Texas Live Oak 1oz
Blue Steel 1oz
$15 plus &5 shipping

Dreck
July 29th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I'd like the bottles of El Lawrence, please.

tiffanyhenschel
July 29th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I'd like the bottles of El Lawrence, please.

Great :) I'm PMing you my Paypal address.

Dreck
July 30th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Done, & thank you. I've been considering this color for a while, but hitherto have not felt bold enough to invest in a bottle.

tiffanyhenschel
July 30th, 2014, 06:27 AM
You are welcome. :) I do like the color, but I have nearly 100 bottles of ink and have to cut back. I will take these to the post office today.
Are you teaching again this year? I go back on the 14th, and students return on the 25th.

Dreck
July 30th, 2014, 07:03 AM
You are welcome. :) I do like the color, but I have nearly 100 bottles of ink and have to cut back. I will take these to the post office today.
Are you teaching again this year? I go back on the 14th, and students return on the 25th.

:jaw: I'm happy to help thin your ink herd, so to speak. I thought I was pushing it with half a dozen bottles...
Yes, I'm teaching again this year. We go back on the 11th. Not only did they invite me back, but since our Middle School E/LA teacher quit over the summer, I've inherited all the Middle Schoolers as well as the High School students. The Administrator is also trying to fit a Biblical Greek class into the schedule. If so, this will be a busy year for me.

tiffanyhenschel
July 30th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Yes, I'm teaching again this year. We go back on the 11th. Not only did they invite me back, but since our Middle School E/LA teacher quit over the summer, I've inherited all the Middle Schoolers as well as the High School students. The Administrator is also trying to fit a Biblical Greek class into the schedule. If so, this will be a busy year for me.

It sounds like an interesting schedule, though. Biblical Greek was my foreign language in college, although I couldn't begin to teach it. Learning Greek grammar helped my understanding of English grammar, though.

Best wishes!

tiffanyhenschel
July 30th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Bump!

KBeezie
July 30th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Blue Nose Bear
Dragon's Napalm
Black Swan In Australian Roses (original formula)
Firefly
$40 for all plus $5 shipping

Oh look, it's the eyes must bleed bundle... :D

tiffanyhenschel
July 31st, 2014, 04:55 AM
I updated the availability and pricing in the OP.

tiffanyhenschel
August 1st, 2014, 07:43 AM
There are just a few bottles left. If you have been interested in any of these colors, make me an offer.

ravkesef
January 26th, 2017, 10:09 PM
I've commented on Noodler's inks before, most of which give me no problem at all. However, I must state a notable exception in the case of Napalm, a lovely red color that simply cannot tolerate being in the pen for very long. I filled a Noodlers Konrad with it, did some very enjoyable writing with it, and then returned to the pen three weeks later. After a bit I noticed that that my writing had begun to glisten, and had smudged somewhat where my left hand had brushed against it. This was on Tomoe River paper. I did a quick test on Clairefontaine paper, and the same thing occurred. I emptied the pen, gave it a good flushing, and refilled it. This time the pen wrote beautifully on both papers. I picked the pen up after six days, and the ink was glistening and smudging again--not as bad as before, but perceptible nonetheless. I've decided that where this ink is concerned, I'll need to plan my writing in advance, fill the pen, write, and then immediately empty and thoroughly clean the pen. This is a good caveat to offer the rest of you. Also wondering how many have had a similar experience with this ink?
Eric

mhosea
January 26th, 2017, 10:21 PM
We don't usually have discussions in ancient sales threads. Probably should try one of the forums for discussion. Having said that, if by any chance this is a vegetal resin Konrad (not acrylic or hard rubber), the water vapor permeability of that material is too high, and the resulting rapid evaporation of water will concentrate the ink, which increases the concentration of surfactants, leading to lowered surface tension and slower drying times. It's my suspicion that some Noodler's and Private Reserve inks are so saturated that not much evaporation is required to dramatically increase drying times, perhaps even putting them into a condition that will seemingly never dry.