PDA

View Full Version : Free Book of Calligraphy & Pen Art

inky_artist
July 31st, 2014, 10:26 AM
Hi All!

It's been a while since I last posted. (I've been busy working on art-related book projects.) So, to make it up to the FPG community, I thought I'd offer everyone a free collection of some of my all-time favorite quotations (the ones I put in the front of each new sketchbook/journal) "illuminated" with pen & ink portraits of their authors -- and even a video demonstration of "the making of" one of the calligraphy/portrait works.

The book is entitled Inspiritus and is available (free) here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/inspiritus/id884350974?mt=11&uo=4&at=1l3voTi

One caveat -- the free collections are iBooks and currently only accessible to Mac, iPad and iPhone users. But, hopefully, (like iTunes before it) there will be a Windows version available soon.

Hope you like it. And I'd love to hear any thoughts and reactions.

Cheers!

Inky Artist :wave:

PS, This link is to the U.S. iBookstore. If you use one of the other 51 iBookstores worldwide you can simply type the book title in your search window. (Or PM me and I'll get the right hyperlink to you.) The book will still be completely free.

Shockdub
August 7th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I downloaded the book, but it only comes with three pages. did I download it right?

inky_artist
August 7th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I downloaded the book, but it only comes with three pages. did I download it right?

Hi Shockdub,

Sorry but it sounds like you only received a partial download. Once you've made certain you have a good high-speed connection (It's a large data file.) you should be able to delete the incomplete book from your iBook book shelf and then re-download.

Once you've downloaded all the pages (plus the bonus demonstration video) I hope you'll let me know what you think.

Cheers! :-D

RuiFromUK
August 8th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Thank you very much.

Looking forward to get home to download the book with my iPad.

bk123
August 8th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the book and video,
I'm eagerly waiting for its' Windows version though.

Shockdub
August 8th, 2014, 06:47 PM

Hi Shockdub,

Sorry but it sounds like you only received a partial download. Once you've made certain you have a good high-speed connection (It's a large data file.) you should be able to delete the incomplete book from your iBook book shelf and then re-download.

Once you've downloaded all the pages (plus the bonus demonstration video) I hope you'll let me know what you think.

Cheers! :-D

I tried downloading it a few more times, but a cloud with an arrow facing down appears. I made sure I got next to the router to get a good high-speed connection but it seems like the same 2 page file is getting downloaded. Does that mean it got stored in the cloud? Tried deleting it a couple of times but it doesn't seem to work.

Hawk
August 9th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I received Chapter 1 consisting of 29 pages, ending with a photo of your family. Did I get all of it? I look forward to some quiet time to read it. So far, it is fantastic.

Shockdub
August 9th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Just read the e-book and watched the video near the end. That is some inspiring work! You make it seem so easy. I am searching for an economical calligraphy set and try to do some work of my own. That is a great resource for inspiration! Thanks for making this available!

EDIT: I am reading your blog and it is fantastic! Bookmarked! :bounce: