PDA

View Full Version : Mont Blanc - personal code ink

Bling72
August 1st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Hello all.

I found this link from the Mont Blanc site. It is dating back to 2010.

There's a strong chance that this kind of service, product or ink is absolutely gone now.

However I would appreciate if anyone could shed light on this, anyone found this in a MB Boutique.

Please no negative comments about it's no good it's merely marketing, it's non-constructive.

https://press.montblanc.com/products/writing-instruments/index/105/Montblanc-Personal-Code-Ink

Marsilius
August 2nd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Actually pretty cool and sinister marketing. I have images of Hubertus Bigend vetting this product before it was introduced to the market.

Bling72
August 3rd, 2014, 03:09 AM
Yeah but people as you know do buy some things because it is 'exclusive', or that the presentation is exceptional. It is even the case to food.

Such a small portion of vegetables, but placed in a very good formation and they expect you to pay a kings ransom to it.

I simply would like to understand does it mean that you can choose the colour and composition of the ink ? or it's a standard colour ?
Not much of a personalised ink if you cannot choose it. Is it from a list of available inks? or like the be-spoke program they put you in front
of a computer which computes based on the data received.

I do like the extra customer service option that comes with it. The box looks amazing. I like nice presentation boxes, and now I have to make
my own from scratch because in Western Australia you cannot buy any. Custom made anything in Australia costs $1000 at least which is
definately not worth it. It's a piece of wood with glue putting it together.

I saw the mont blanc special edition pen that has a very lovely finish presentation box, but the pen looks even nicer. A VERY heavy pen.

About 3.5k for it.