PDA

View Full Version : Two new Diamine inks

migo984
August 2nd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Today I am offering one brand new, unopened 30ml bottle of each of the new Diamine inks

Tyrian Purple

and

Autumn Oak

I have tried both inks and they are really beautiful colours. Please see this thread for swatches (post no.1) and my writing sample (post no.12) of both inks:

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/8049-Two-new-Diamine-Inks

I will select a winner and a runner-up for this PIF and the winner will get their preferred colour. The remaining bottle will go to the runner-up.

This PIF is open to all worldwide & I will pay shipping costs.

Please apply in this thread saying which colour you would like to win and why.

This PIF will close at 7pm GMT on Saturday 9th August.

Good luck!

Shimmershadow
August 2nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
I would very much like the Tyrian Purple. Although I would like the Autumn Oak, I can never say no to purple anything. Also, it makes me think of Rupert Everett and Colin Firth singing in "The Importance of Being Earnest". (Something about a 'Tyrian galley' in there.)

AZBennett
August 2nd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks for this awesome PiF. I would love to be considered, for the Autumn Oak.Thanks.

Writer
August 2nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
I would love the purple one. I'm relatively new to fountain pens so this would be my first bottle of ink. Plus purple is my favorite color. What better color to start with than my favorite? Thanks.

-Writer

caribbean_skye
August 2nd, 2014, 11:59 AM
probably Tyrian purple as it makes me think of one of my favourite characters Tyrion Lannister

snedwos
August 2nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
I would like the autumn oak, since I like oak trees. Actually, the street I grew up on is named after the oak trees growing there, though my house is the only one with any oaks in it. All the neighbors got rid of theirs and replaced them with boring conifers, because they couldn't be arsed to clean up leaf litter. Last laugh is on them though: they get processionary caterpillar infestations which we don't. No nasty rashes for us!

I like mango pudding
August 2nd, 2014, 01:54 PM
autumn oak
why? because autumn is just around the corner, and we have to coordinate our inks with the seasons, right?!

rdcalhoon
August 2nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
A difficult choice for me. I like both purples and oranges. I would be happy with either, but the Autumn Oak would be my first choice. I like Diamine Pumpkin as a bright cheery orange and the Autumn Oak would give me a choice where a more subtle approach is wanted. (If there is such a thing as a subtle orange.)

kataish
August 2nd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Wonderful PIF, thank you! If I were chosen to win I'd love the Tyrian Purple. It is absolutely stunning, and looks like it shades well. I've been considering getting more into calligraphy and I think it would make some really pretty shaded letters! It also reminds me of the old Black Swan in Australian Roses which is no longer the same shade... Good luck everybody!

DMurphy
August 2nd, 2014, 09:20 PM
I would like to be considered for this PIF, my choice would be for the Tryian Purple as a first choice but I am also ver partial to orange.

These look like awesome colors.

RuiFromUK
August 2nd, 2014, 11:03 PM
Hi Migo,

This is not an entry towards this PIF, just to congratulate you on this fantastic PIF.

No sooner did these inks came out to the market and you are immediately giving away 2 bottles including free worldwide postage.

The generosity you always show is out of this world.

Kind regards,

Rui

Murfie
August 3rd, 2014, 12:59 AM
The generosity you always show is out of this world.
I'll echo that sentiment. I have a bottle of each on their way so I also will not be an entry, however, I must join Rui in recognising a very generous and thoughtful FPG member who has her fellow members at heart.

migo984
August 3rd, 2014, 02:46 AM
RuiFromUK and Murfie - you are making me blush! :redface:

cbrand493
August 3rd, 2014, 06:53 PM
Fantastic PIF you are definitely one of the most generous people I have ever known. I would be delighted if you would consider me for the Tyrian Purple as my first choice. Thank you.

millerwb
August 3rd, 2014, 08:44 PM
I would like a chance for the Autumn Oak.

ModelAirplanes
August 3rd, 2014, 10:59 PM
I would love to try out the Autumn Oak it looks lovely

Daniel

Misfit
August 4th, 2014, 07:52 PM
I would like to be considered for the Tyrian Purple. Thank you for the opportunity.

Miss Thundercat
August 5th, 2014, 02:49 AM
awesome PIF! thank you for the chance! I would love to try autumn oak since I want to find a great alternative for noodler's habanero within europe and it looks really close...

jadehawk
August 5th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Please consider me on this pif for the Tyrian Purple as a first choice... Thank you!!

migo984
August 6th, 2014, 09:05 AM
B U M P

:bump:

stonerman33
August 6th, 2014, 07:17 PM
While I wouldn't mind either ink, I do not think I have any purple inks. I'll throw down for the Tyrian Purple. Thanks for your generosity!

Brisboy
August 8th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Hello, I'd love to enter to try the autumn oak please. I'd like it because it looks like a beautiful colour and I'm always keen for new ink! Thank you for your generosity.

Lady Onogaro
August 9th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I love purple and would like to try the Tyrian Purple, but really, I'll try anything because there's nothing like first-hand experience. You never know what you will like.

migo984
August 9th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Results of this PIF

Using random.org, the winners of the new Diamine inks are:

Tyrian Purple Shimmershadow

Autumn Oak snedwos

Congratulations! I'll be in touch via PM to get both your postal details

:cheer2::cheer2:

tarheel1
August 9th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Once again you have shown your kindness and great character.

DMurphy
August 9th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Awesome PIF! Thank you for the opportunity...

Shimmershadow and snedwos enjoy the inky goodness!!

Congratulations

Shimmershadow
August 9th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Wow this was a pretty happy piece of news to come home to after a LONG day--Thank you for offering such a cool PIF! :bounce:

caribbean_skye
August 9th, 2014, 07:25 PM
congrats shimmershadow and snedwos. once again migo, thanks for doing another PIF

snedwos
August 10th, 2014, 11:08 PM
So exciting! I seem to have 3 orange inks now...

kataish
August 11th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Congratulations Shimmershadow and Snedwos. Thank you for the opportunity, migo974!