PDA

View Full Version : Hi from leicester

Fountainpenfanatic
August 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Hi I'm fairly new to fountain pens my parents gifted me a Parker Frontier fountain pen recently and really like it. I've never really used foutain pens before that much as I broke my first one back 5 years ago only after a few weeks of use.

I'm using Parker Quink cartridges and would like to know if there is anywhere that gives an introduction to fountain pens I don't really know where to get started with bottled in etc.

Also what's a good blue ink?

Thanks

Jeph
August 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
:welcome:

Here is a pretty good introduction Goulet Fountain Pen 101 (http://www.gouletpens.com/Fountain_Pen_101_s/1135.htm)

There are a ton of blues. You need to be more specific, and then there will still be too many to choose from.

caribbean_skye
August 4th, 2014, 06:43 PM
welcome welcome. Not only are there a ton of blues but there aee a lot of ink on that blue spectrum.

TerraNoir
August 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM

VertOlive
August 4th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Welcome! I can't think of a better site for a new geek to wander around in than that friendly Goulet site. You'll need a convertor (the customer service will find you the right one) so your pen can hold bottled inks. Then a bunch of blue samples--you don't have to buy entire bottles until you find one you like.

Enjoy!

Zhivago
August 4th, 2014, 08:51 PM

Unless you need absolute permanency/water resistance in your ink, Waterman Serenity Blue (formerly know as Florida Blue) is a wonderful ink and good for a beginner.

Frank
August 16th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Mags
August 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum and Goulets have a treasure of videos to explore.

RuiFromUK
August 16th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy it.

Great advice has already been provided so I'll not overwhelm you at this stage with some more. Please feel free to ask more details if you require.