PDA

View Full Version : Two new ones to the only one I had. (Kuru Toga HG + Autopoint 152G)

KBeezie
August 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM
The only mechanical pencil I had on hand for the longest time was a simple PaperMate Synchro 0.7, wanted to pick up something smaller, and something bigger in case I ever have a need for a pencil.

So I got a Uni Kuru Toga "High Grade" in Gunmetal color, and a pack of 0.5 HB NanoDia leads.
As well as a Autopoint 152G "Executive" with a 0.9 lead (not sure which replacement lead will work best in this one)

http://static.karlblessing.com/pencil/08042014.jpg

I find it interesting that the Kuru Toga rotates the lead 6 degrees every time it comes off the paper.

Originally I was looking at the TWSBI mechanical pencils, but the Kuru Toga Roulette seemed to be much more favored and quite a bit cheaper.

top pen
August 5th, 2014, 02:54 AM
I've tried the cheaper all plastic Kurutoga but I don't like how roulette mechanism has to have some give to rotate the lead as it makes it feel un-precise. rotring makes some really nice pencils though such as the 500/600/800 series.

chiaroscuro
August 5th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I love the shape and styling of those old Autopoints but I find the propelling action a bit hard to get used to. They're also fairly heavy and solid-feeling, and they clean up nicely

Basu988
August 6th, 2014, 05:13 AM
The shape's really nice by the way.

Basu988
August 7th, 2014, 06:52 AM
But i agree that it's heavy.