PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan 140 Black with Silver Reverse Trim Rare!

ChrisC
August 4th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Hi, I am selling a Pelikan 140 with silver trim, rather than the usual gold. The trim is in good shape with no pitting or brassing. The first picture seems to show a slight discolored area on the bottom half of the clip. I'm not sure what that is, but it's not pitting, and it definitely looks silver/chrome when I look at the actual pen.

It is a very attractive pen, with a fantastically soft and wet fine nib. Its maximum flex is not as wide as an actual wet noodle, like my Swan Leverless, but it is actually just as soft, if not softer. You can see in the writing sample that even in normal writing, the nib just wants to give you some spring.

The pen body is in very good condition with only light usage scratches that can be easily polished out. The ink window is super clear and has no staining.

The piston is smoothly working and takes a full fill on the first cycle; no need to operate the piston more than once. There is some ink between the double seals of the piston, but it seems not to affect function. One could have the piston knocked out and clean the bits of ink, but the pen is fully functional as is.

The nib is fine, smooth, aligned, and 14k gold. It is super soft and super wet,, as can be seen in the smear sample. All writing unless marked otherwise in the sample was done by the Pelikan 140. It is comparable in softness and flexibility to my wet noodle Swan pen. And the Pelikan far outstrips the Visconti Dreamtouch M nibs.
Slight flaw, the nib has a scar on the front from when it was bent and then re-straightened. Functionally, the nib is very good but I'm just letting you know.

Rick Propas sells these for around $350 restored.
I'm not Rick Propas, so I'm selling this one for $150 shipped to CONUS. That should leave plenty of room should you want to have it completely disassembled and serviced, plus it has the wonderfully flexy nib for you to enjoy.

13188[/ATTACH]13162131631316413161

ChrisC
August 6th, 2014, 06:48 PM
bump, reduced price

ChrisC
August 13th, 2014, 05:27 PM
bump, reduced price.