PDA

View Full Version : Ink Cabinet

writingrav
June 20th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I have turned what was formerly a pipe cabinet into an ink cabinet. Just sharing it.655656

goldiesdad
June 20th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cool Idea ... you must have a boat load of ink ... I likey ...

Bogon07
June 20th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I see some Noodler's.
And a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku !

KrazyIvan
June 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
... and Diamine. Very nice cabinet!

manoeuver
June 21st, 2012, 02:12 PM
I like it. I'd ink my pens out of that cabinet.

That sounded waay dirtier than it is.

ink mixer
June 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Great Cabint! I need to do something better than a shelf in a bookcase.

KrazyIvan
June 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
You are all set for the ballpoint zombie pen apocalypse.

maiboo
June 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Wow that's more ink than I usually see in a pen store! Love the display, I need to get me one of those.

southpaw52
July 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Great idea and a nice looking cabinet.

Tracy Lee
July 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Really great idea, thanks for sharing it with us! :)

caribbean_skye
September 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
That's so cool looking, makes me wanna play with ink. Thanks for sharing.

writingrav
September 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
That's so cool looking, makes me wanna play with ink. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JustDaveyB
September 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
You're welcome!

Very nice - How many inks would it hold? How many ink bottles deep (front to back) can you fit.

I am currently looking for ideas to display my rather large collection of inks efficiently.

writingrav
September 6th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Very nice - How many inks would it hold? How many ink bottles deep (front to back) can you fit.

I am currently looking for ideas to display my rather large collection of inks efficiently.

There are presently 31 bottles and I would guess it could hold another 15-20.
I can get at least two deep and some will stack.

Dee8go
November 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
That's great. I think I like that even better than the fellow who is using a machinist's tool chest to store his ink and pens in.

writingrav
November 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
That's great. I think I like that even better than the fellow who is using a machinist's tool chest to store his ink and pens in.

Glad you like it. Me too!

beejay
January 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Smokin' !!!!!
,,,,,,,or maybe not any more:)

beejay

fountainpenkid
January 22nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Beautiful idea! Nice variety as others said. Some day I'll have to stop being so paranoid and buy some Noodler's ink.

snedwos
January 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Beautiful idea! Nice variety as others said. Some day I'll have to stop being so paranoid and buy some Noodler's ink.

If you go with one of the regular inks, you're probably OK. Something like Apache Sunset would be good -- it's made to shade dramatically, so it's not oversaturated, and thus not as heavy on the lubricant. Plus it's incredibly beautiful. I don't think I ever want to try one of the eel series, the other inks already feel like I'm writing with paint. Slick and smooth, but slightly unsettling...

fountainpenkid
January 30th, 2013, 08:40 PM
If you go with one of the regular inks, you're probably OK. Something like Apache Sunset would be good -- it's made to shade dramatically, so it's not over saturated, and thus not as heavy on the lubricant. Plus it's incredibly beautiful. I don't think I ever want to try one of the eel series, the other inks already feel like I'm writing with paint. Slick and smooth, but slightly unsettling...

Yeah. See, I find that even my Diamine inks stain celluloid and clog up pens if left for a while, so I can only imagine with Noodler's. I just don't have interest in buying some crazy ink that might clog or ruin my pen, or stain everything around it... If Asa Blue is staining my Grey Vac already, then I don't want to risk it with a more saturated ink.
I've heard alot of good things about Apache sunset. Maybe I'll budge and get that at the LI pen show!

snedwos
February 1st, 2013, 03:19 AM
I've even had Waterman Havana stain converters, it was always temporary though, it just didn't budge until I changed colour ink, oddly. Water didn't seem to shift it. I would be a little bit wary of putting Noodler's into vintage, that is true, although it's probably not fair to project Bay State Blue's "enfant terrible" reputation onto the rest of the range.