PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria - Nouvelle Negoro

Manupropria
August 5th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I just wanted to share some pictures of a number of new "negoro" urushi lacquer pens
There are four new colors, Ivory "Shiro Negoro", Peach "Momo", Sky Blue "Zora" and Ocean Green "Umi"

Dimensions
Cap: Length 85.00 mm, diameter 17.00 mm
Barrel: Lenght 115.00 mm, diameter 17.00 mm
Capped: Length 165.00 mm
Weight: 27.00 gr

Materials
Barrel: Black Ebonite
Cap: Black Ebonite
Nib: Large 18 Kt.
Feed: Resin
Section: Black Ebonite
Feeding: Cartridge/Converter

Marsilius
August 5th, 2014, 09:54 AM
They remind me of pastel Easter egg designs. These are beautiful!

amk
August 5th, 2014, 01:51 PM
The blue one has a little bit of the feeling of the 'stonewashed' Kaweco al sport - but there's no comparison in terms of quality. It feels to me that with these pens you've really incorporated the feeling of wabi-sabi into the design. The light colours are quite startling, too.

Manupropria
August 6th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Thank you very much. It was inspired by Japanes and Chinese ceramic. In Japan all things shall be or at least look old and aged. Colored ceramic is not liked when new. But after years of being used - in Japan they call it "Yō no bi" beauty through use - colors meet the wabisabi beauty. Attached some ceramic bowls with urushi finish I made before making the pens

Marsilius
August 6th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Wow, these are beautiful, too. Of all of the colors, I especially love the sea green uni, since it reminds me visiting the grey green sea as a child. One of my favorite color associations, and hard to reproduce just that shifting color and feel. The bowls are something!