PDA

View Full Version : Less than half price maple wood VP

amk
August 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
There's a remarkably cheap limited edition maple wood VP on UK ebay at the moment:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131261713860?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
certainly that's less than half the UK price, though YMMV if you live in the US (£199 = $335 roughly).

It actually failed to sell this evening and has been relisted. I can see the issues with the listing - limited seller feedback, and the guy has used a single picture which seems to have been taken from a retail site, rather than his own photographs, and a marketing description, which looks slightly suspicious.

However.... if it's the real deal that price is pretty good.

It's beyond my budget and I don't collect Japanese pens (although I do have my sights set on a Hakase, one day), and I'm not associated with the seller in any way - so just posting in case one of the many VP fans around here is interested.

KBeezie
August 6th, 2014, 07:04 AM
It'd be quite a bit skeptical if that's a remarkably cheap price from a seller who hasn't had any seller feedback since may, and all his previous products were laser range finders, diesel fuel injectors, t-shirts, iphones, and other miscellaneous non-pen related items.

Plus the two negative feedbacks are in relations to the buyer canceling the sale claiming the price was wrong (one person saying it may be coincidence, two feedbacks a couple months apart saying it becomes questionable).

amk
August 8th, 2014, 05:07 PM
It'll be interesting to see whether it sells this time... no one has bid on it yet. You're right, this doesn't look like the kind of seller I'd want to be spending that sort of money with. If it was a VP for ten bucks, I might risk it!