PDA

View Full Version : Parker Vector Calligraphy Set

alc3261
August 7th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Parker Vector Calligraphy Set in Blue with 3 nibs -fine, medium and broad, 4 cartridges 2 black & 2 blue and a converter.
All in a handy tin which keeps the set together.

This set would suit a relative FP Newbie or someone trying out calligraphy.
Available to any FP Geek Worldwide but no recent PIF winners please.
Reply to this thread with your reason for wanting this set. :)

rdcalhoon
August 7th, 2014, 03:32 PM
A nice set to help you find your nib width preferences. Just a few months back I would have jumped at this chance, but now about 10 months into fountain pens I doubt that this pen would displace any of my current favorites. Best of luck to all.

DMurphy
August 7th, 2014, 08:30 PM
What an awesome PIF! I am working on my penmanship and stating to dabble in calligraphy, however I am a recent beneficiary of a couple of PIFs. I am sure that the person selected for this PIF will put this device through it's paces.

Shimmershadow
August 7th, 2014, 10:01 PM
What a lovely set! I am starting to work on my penmanship and just starting to make some serious attempts at learning calligraphy...I find it pleasantly meditative when I'm really focused, and this semester, focus and meditation have been the only tings keeping my sanity together. I have not won any PIFs recently (or ever, actually), so I would like to enter this one.

EDIT: I just won a PIF today, so I'm withdrawing my entry in this one...good luck, folks!

RuiFromUK
August 8th, 2014, 12:37 AM
This post is not an entry to this PIF.

Another fanstastic PIF from you. Thank you for giving someone such an opportunity to get into calligraphy.

kataish
August 8th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I am not a fountain pen newb, but I am kind of a calligraphy newb. I I have been wanting to learn more traditional calligraphy (I have played with flex nibs, and like to make my writing look nice on envelopes, but I don't know much about block calligraphy). I bought a modern Sheaffer calligraphy pen (it was around $7.50) and it feels like crap. It feels like it will break every time I try to practice with it. If you feel that I am at all qualified based on your rules, I would love a chance at winning a much better calligraphy set. Thank you for an awesome PIF.

Shockdub
August 8th, 2014, 05:29 PM
A Calligraphy set! I am a beginner/intermediate fountain pen user but I have seen some really beautiful writing on this forum from some calligraphy artists here I would love to learn calligraphy as i see it as art. I saw the basic Sheaffer calligraphy set atmy local Office Depot here in Mexico and it costs 700 pesos, which rounds out to basically $55 while in some other countries they cost $15-$20. :blink:

I really think this can be my first step into the art of calligraphy. I would like to enter this wonderful PIF. Thank you for posting this awesome PIF! I am sure whoever gets this beauty will get the most out of it!

Wile E Coyote
August 8th, 2014, 05:58 PM
I'm probably not eligible, but I do have a thing for Parker Vectors and that color is one I've never seen. It's also not available on this continent.

Writer
August 8th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I have no idea which nib size I like best. I've only got two mediums, and to have some different sizes would be so cool!

Anyways, thanks for the opportunity. Have a nice day!

alc3261
August 12th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Giving this a bump :bump:
Not too much interest so far, maybe Geeks are all too experienced and have better pens.
This set is good for a Newbie, so if you know anyone who wants to join "the madness" why not ask on their behalf?

jadehawk
August 12th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I am a newbie but I may not qualify.. however my wife is starting to like this hobby and I just got her a lamy safary she has made me swap inks more than I can count (she does not understand I have to flush the pen each time! ;) ), winning this will give her more nib choices too.

If you consider please add me(us) if not. No worries and thank you for the pif.

Sadiq
August 23rd, 2014, 04:28 AM
Awesome PIF! I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. Please consider me.

I am a fairly newb I guess. Been hit by the bug for a year or 2. I have a total of 3 FPs so far & just love putting ink to paper...one of them a vector which I recently took out from hiding.

My vector is or rather was a medium nibbed Flighter :) lol...it needed some tuning (thought it was a cheaper range FP so & I wanted it in use again so why not try to my inexperienced hand on it) & after a few days of fighting with the nib, it ended up with weirdly twisted tines (away from each other in opposite directions) & I gave up sadly. A few days after that & I took apart a super cheap $2 calligraphy pen nib & trimmed the base & edges of the shoulders, curved it slightly more to fit the Parker feed & managed to have it write after the first try fitting it, even though the tines slit is slightly twisted away from each other. It has about a 2mm rounded italic nib that goes from B to about 3B. It's kinda fun to write with, but somehow I have to write very large letters to actually be able to see my words.

If I win this PIF, I could get practicing some calligraphy. Also, if the nibs in this set are awesome, I would use one nib on my current vector I just hacked & don't use too often.

Thank you
Sadiq

alc3261
August 23rd, 2014, 06:11 AM
The sections are completely interchangeable. The fine is a 1mm stub, medium 1.5mm and the broad is a 2mm.

Sadiq
August 23rd, 2014, 07:48 AM
The sections are completely interchangeable. The fine is a 1mm stub, medium 1.5mm and the broad is a 2mm.

That's awesome! Hope I win :)

This PIF'n is a cool idea...think I need to start a thread of my own soon.

alc3261
August 25th, 2014, 06:36 AM
I have decided to award 2 winners Shockdub and Sadiq.
Please both message me your addresses.

Sadiq
August 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Oh wow awesome! :) thanx
I'll send you a PM soon...

Shockdub
August 25th, 2014, 07:49 PM
PM sent, so happy about this!

jadehawk
August 25th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Congrats to both of you :)

Sadiq
August 25th, 2014, 11:52 PM
I was so excited yesterday I forgot to congratulate u. Hope u enjoy your calligraphy set!

Sadiq
August 25th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Thanx jadehawk

Shockdub
August 26th, 2014, 09:32 PM

Thanks! Will work on writing and post up some pictures :)

I was so excited yesterday I forgot to congratulate u. Hope u enjoy your calligraphy set!

Me too! Hope you enjoy it too!

Sadiq
September 10th, 2014, 08:43 AM
My pen arrived!! :)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/FastAsFcuk_sr20/Mobile%20Uploads/7FF6330A-A6A3-4AF6-BC82-8B9A493815E1.jpg (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/FastAsFcuk_sr20/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7FF6330A-A6A3-4AF6-BC82-8B9A493815E1.jpg.html)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/FastAsFcuk_sr20/Mobile%20Uploads/609C552F-C4C4-4759-8699-B1E79B39B817.jpg (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/FastAsFcuk_sr20/media/Mobile%20Uploads/609C552F-C4C4-4759-8699-B1E79B39B817.jpg.html)

Shockdub
September 11th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Gratz! Mine has not arrived yet, but it it great to see that yours has. Hope to see some of your work or progress!

EDIT: It has arrived! Got here yesterday. Will post pics later because I dont have a camera right now, but Thanks alc!

Sadiq
September 28th, 2014, 11:51 PM
As promised - a writing sample.
It's not to the standard of some of the talented calligraphers on this forum...here's my simple attempt.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/FastAsFcuk_sr20/9A12D86A-AF07-4257-9618-BCF3B359E685.jpg (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/FastAsFcuk_sr20/media/9A12D86A-AF07-4257-9618-BCF3B359E685.jpg.html)
alc3261

GING GING
October 23rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
What an awesome PIF! I am working on my penmanship and stating to dabble in calligraphy, however I am a recent beneficiary of a couple of PIFs. I am sure that the person selected for this PIF will put this device through it's paces.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I'd begin to feel guilty after a while if I exclusively stayed on the PIF forum