PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Waterman Stateleigh Taperite c.1941

Murfie
August 8th, 2014, 12:57 AM
I've just taken delivery of another fabulous vintage fountain pen, courtesy of Teri Morris at Peyton Street Pens, who I can't praise enough. This one is a Waterman Stateleigh Taperite lever filler with a 1/10 14kt gold filled press fit cap. It has a very smooth and wet firm F nib that is closer to a European EF. I don't need to describe the condition as the pictures speak for themselves.

Teri dated this one to circa 1941. At that time a new Stateleigh pen and pencil set was $22.50 which would have been a lot of money then - relatively much more than what I have paid for this magnificent writing instrument.

migo984
August 8th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Beautiful pen Murfie. I love the Art Deco-style cap. Any chance of a writing sample pic - pretty please?

Murfie
August 8th, 2014, 02:31 AM
Any chance of a writing sample pic - pretty please?
Crikey, you and Bogon07 must work in tandem ... aw, OK, but it will have to be domani, capice?

migo984
August 8th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Any chance of a writing sample pic - pretty please?
Crikey, you and Bogon07 must work in tandem ... aw, OK, but it will have to be domani, capice?

Thanks Murfie. Domani.

:thumb:

Murfie
August 8th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Any chance of a writing sample pic?
Here 'tis. The ink is Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark Purple. The line is closer to that of a European EF than an F. But the flow is rich and the feel on the paper smooth but firm. Some writers might call it a nail. Suits me fine. I always wanted to be a carpenter. :)

Bogon07
August 10th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Once again great photographs.
Love the style of the clip on this Watermans, gorgeous. You seem to be building up quite a collection of them.

Your Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark Purple appears a nice colour.

Thanks migo984 I don't want to be the only one nagging Murfie for writing samples

Murfie
August 10th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I don't want to be the only one nagging Murfie for writing samples
Ha, ha, Bogon. You're not a nagger ... just an enabler!

And the entire set of Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark inks are just fabulous.