PDA

View Full Version : Parker Vacumatic Wet Writer

Chi Town
June 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hi, I just finished overhauling a Parker Vacumatic, my first one, and I can't decide if I should go in and adjust the nib or not as in the repair manual, # 5115 from Parker it states in there that these Vacumatic's are known as "wet writers" and have the ability to start inking as soon as the nib touches the paper. It actually shows a picture of a pen getting ready to touch the paper with the ink already coming out, ha,ha. And funny enough my pen does exactly that! So LONG story short, are these Vacumatic's really wet writers? Like mine is or do I need to adjust my nib down a bit?

I mean I guess it's ok, I just have too many different writers in my stable, if that' how this particular pen is then so be it and I'll leave it be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

manoeuver
June 22nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
If you want it that wet then leave it. It's your pen, make it serve you.

inky
June 22nd, 2012, 09:49 AM
I agree with manoeuver. If you like it that way then leave it along but if you'd perfer it to be a bit dryer then by all means give it a tweek. I havn't had any experiance with that particular pen but I do have a 51 Special that is a pretty wet writter.

Hopefully Dan can chime in and let you know what his experiance has been so you can get a true answer to the behaviour of the pen.

KrazyIvan
June 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
yup, if you like it, leave it. If not, make it do your bidding.