PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye

Empty_of_Clouds
August 8th, 2014, 04:45 AM
Nothing

top pen
August 8th, 2014, 05:00 AM
I'd message Dan, i'd obviously know what to do.

Any reason for this Goodbye? As I've enjoyed reading your posts on FPN as well as here.

top pen
August 8th, 2014, 05:17 AM
The Admin here's a link for you to his profile.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/member.php/2-dannzeman

Having read your are thoughts on FPN I'm staring to think I need to at least get my account over there locked for the foreseeable future as I've been going off the hobby recently as I'm growing tired of this constant wanting for new pens and I find I waste too much time on there as well.

mhosea
August 8th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Sorry to see a reasonable and articulate person go.

I am unsure of the benefits of deleting an account. Is it psychological in nature? For practical purposes, one can remove all personal information. Email can be directed to an account created to be a dev/null sort of thing. Perhaps that email account can be subsequently deleted.

Cob
August 8th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Good luck for the future whatever it may hold for you.

Cob

Waski_the_Squirrel
August 8th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Sorry to see a reasonable and articulate person go.

I am unsure of the benefits of deleting an account.

A few years ago, I deleted my account on two forums. One I could delete myself, the other I had to ask the owners to delete. This doesn't remove old posts.

However, there are good reasons to take the extreme step of deleting an account. For me, a big part of it was so I wouldn't be tempted to go back. Another reason was to send a clear message that I was well and truly gone.

mhosea
August 8th, 2014, 01:16 PM
However, there are good reasons to take the extreme step of deleting an account. For me, a big part of it was so I wouldn't be tempted to go back. Another reason was to send a clear message that I was well and truly gone.

I would say that is a psychological benefit. Internet forums can take over your life. I suppose the "benefit" I gained from deleting my first Facebook account was that when I went back to Facebook a couple of years later, then for the sole purpose of networking with martial arts people from all over the world that I had at some point trained with (at least that was the general idea), I was no longer connected to a hundred high school friends that I had almost no current interests in common with. Nowadays FB has much better tools for controlling your exposure to the random thoughts of people you barely know anymore, so I could easily have sorted them by type and quieted my news feed, but back then it seemed cacophonous to me. I got one dose too many of either Gator or 'Nole football fandom and called it quits. That's the exception for me, not the rule. I have normally just stopped posting, and sometimes, I may go back and post something. It's like a metaphor for moving away. When and if I go back to visit, it should be a happy thing for me. That works for me, but people have to do what works for them.

mhosea
August 8th, 2014, 02:47 PM
It's like a metaphor for moving away.

You ever read something you wrote and wondered why you wrote it that way? This is like, you know, like not sure whether it wants to be a metaphor or a simile. Or is it a simile comparing something to a metaphor? Oh, I don't know. I give up. You probably know what I meant. :)

Jon Szanto
August 8th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I know what you meant. You meant to use the term "analogy".

Or not.

mhosea
August 8th, 2014, 03:04 PM
You meant to use the term "analogy".

Hmmm. It is kinda like an analogy. ;)

Jon Szanto
August 8th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I could be totally wrong. I just know it wasn't onomatopoeia.

Wile E Coyote
August 8th, 2014, 03:31 PM
You meant to use the term "analogy".

Hmmm. It is kinda like an analogy. ;)

Or is it just a metaphor for an analogy?

kallenpj
August 8th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Alright maybe enough derailing of this thread for now. In anything it is often good to take a step back. Best of luck to you.

RayCornett
August 8th, 2014, 05:06 PM
I left FPN but didn't leave the site for MOD issue reasons. I can't post but the site is still full of information I can always use. Why not stay around so you can keep in touch with friends?

Farmboy
August 10th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I left FPN but didn't leave the site for MOD issue reasons. I can't post but the site is still full of information I can always use. Why not stay around so you can keep in touch with friends?

Why are you unable to post there?

Marsilius
August 10th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I am unsure of the benefits of deleting an account. Is it psychological in nature?

It is an expression of Yin.

best,

David

Sorry to lose your input here. The only place I ever sense the possible presence of too much yang here might be in those FPN threads that tend to raise emotions. (It sometimes reminds me of that little red light you are NOT supposed to look at between lives.) Hope that didn't push you away.
Best wishes!

snedwos
August 11th, 2014, 02:06 AM

Why would the Ministry of Defence want you to keep my your account?

GING GING
August 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
It's like a metaphor for moving away.

You ever read something you wrote and wondered why you wrote it that way? This is like, you know, like not sure whether it wants to be a metaphor or a simile. Or is it a simile comparing something to a metaphor? Oh, I don't know. I give up. You probably know what I meant. :)

I must be loosing my mind because I totally got that