PDA

View Full Version : Mont Blanc Pen Factory in Hamburg ?

Bling72
August 8th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Hello all.

Is there a time of the year or a way to attend a tour in Hamburg's Mont Blanc pen factory?

Can anyone go there or is normally unavailable to the general public?

Chrissy
August 12th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I know they have tours there, but I'm not sure if they happen at a particular time of the year.

The German pen collectors club have been on a tour for example. I could send you a link to Montblanc Hamburg tours on FPN but it hasn't been available all day.

You could contact them via their web-site and ask the question. They might add you to a newsletter list to inform you if there is one taking place.

Bling72
August 12th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Thank you Chrissy. I saw the site, but it appears like it hasnt been updated for years. My German is very rusty I will have to google translate my request.

serpent
August 12th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Are their pens really made in Hamburg? I have a good friend who imports give a ways.... department store promos ie buy this lipstick get free cosmetic bag, etc. On a trip to China while visiting a factory that was producing one of his items he spied a production line that the owners claimed were producing pens for non other than Montblanc. they explained that since europe has no country of origin laws that they are free to stamp or sticker anything they want.

orfew
August 12th, 2014, 09:02 PM
China does not make pens for MB. China is however a huge source of fake Montblanc pens. Other countries have in the past made pens under the Montblanc name. Denmark, Italy, Spain and France are four countries that have made MB pens. Montblanc pens are now made in Hamburg.

serpent
August 12th, 2014, 10:12 PM
China does not make pens for MB. China is however a huge source of fake Montblanc pens. Other countries have in the past made pens under the Montblanc name. Denmark, Italy, Spain and France are four countries that have made MB pens. Montblanc pens are now made in Hamburg.
can you prove this?
this factory was not producing fakes or counterfeits. there are plenty of other prestigious high end German Luxury products which have been outsourced to Asian factories to be manufactured under "supervision". My Heritage 1912 BOX says made in germany. But I can't find any CoO markings on the pen itself.
Heck if a middleman can deliver to my doorstep a Jinhao for $5, I can only imagine what a factory in China can build giving them a budget of $20.

orfew
August 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM
can you prove this?
this factory was not producing fakes or counterfeits. there are plenty of other prestigious high end German Luxury products which have been outsourced to Asian factories to be manufactured under "supervision". My Heritage 1912 BOX says made in germany. But I can't find any CoO markings on the pen itself.
Heck if a middleman can deliver to my doorstep a Jinhao for $5, I can only imagine what a factory in China can build giving them a budget of $20.

Please do some research yourself. Type in Chinese Montblanc into any search engine and you will get over 1.5 million hits. Montblanc pens are not manufactured in China. They are made in Hamburg. I do not recommend buying fake MBs from China as this just encourages the counterfeiters. There are also dozens of internet sites selling fakes. These sites originate in China. Also, these sites often use real images of Montblanc pens stolen by the Chinese owners of the sites. In addition, in many cases if you order from these sites you will not even receive a fake Montblanc, what you will get instead is a charge to your credit card.

As for proof, please provide me with proof that the pens you saw were real. Also, please feel free to contact Montblanc from their real webpage and ask them where their pens are made.

serpent
August 13th, 2014, 03:56 AM
I am not questioning or stating that China is or isn't the biggest producer of fake Montblancs. There is no question as to where almost if not all FAKE Montblancs are produced. I also did not question whether if you ordered a fake, would you receive what you ordered. I simply ask for proof that 100% of all parts that go into the manufacture of a Montblanc pen are made in Germany. German Law clearly states that if the majority of an item is Made in Germany it can be labeled "Made In Germany". A know FACT is German Manufactures have fought very hard Against the implementing any "made in" laws the same is true for any non food item entering into the EU.

Bling72
August 13th, 2014, 05:33 AM
One thing you cannot fake is the serial number. Take your real pen to Mont Blanc and let them authenticate the serial number for you. They wont service or attend to a fake
Pen/pencil.

johnus
August 13th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Learn this story years ago... Had relatives in Washington State. One of the kids worked seasonally in the Bulb fields there. Her mother told us that the co. Biggest customer was in Holland. Right... Sent from the US to Holland and then back as Dutch Bulbs!
(True. That what she said).
Also believe that some European countries allow items that are Finished in the EU country to be labeled with that country's name... Chinese crystal finished in Ireland -- Irish Crystal ?

Bling72
August 13th, 2014, 08:39 AM
At the end of the day what you pay for the item is what you believe it is worth.

If things were manufactured im Australia one would be paying 4-8 times the price as our wages are higher, even basic wages start at $15 an hour. We will be happy to pay 2-30
Times the price for anything because we are too stupid and lazy to do anything about it.

It would be cheaper for me to buy a chevolet from the us and pay to get it shipped than to buy the rebadged car in Australia in Australia. I live in a state that produces and supplies 2/3rds of all oil in the country. We export it for free then we pay the excessive taxes to reimport the oil back to our state for petrol.

I should be grateful to live in a country that has bottled water cheaper than petrol. Some countries 40c per litre and majority drive petrol guzzling 4wds.

sunnerd
September 12th, 2014, 05:24 AM
To the OP's question, yes they do provide factory tour, but I believe it's only during summer and not every day. They also have their MB museum at the factory so that's got a few really nice pens on display. I had the privilege to attend a factory tour back in Oct 2011, and that was arranged by Axel (penparadise at FPN).
The factory is at Stellingen, just outside Hamburg. It was only 5 minutes walk from the train station there.