PDA

View Full Version : One very lucky fellow!

ianmedium
June 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM
This past week has been a red letter week for me with fountain pens. Not only did the first of the two Stipula's arrive but also my bargain 51. If that were not enough though. I met with one of my clients and he gifted me a Mont Blanc fountain pen for all the work I have been doing with him.

Wonderful eh, but wait, it gets better! The pen in question is... The Hitchcock!! Yes, I will type that again! I am officially the luckiest person in fountainpendom right now. I have been given a Hitchcock!

It truly is a wonderful pen, I will take better pictures but for now I will leave you with these quick shots!

I got to show the pen tonight at our local club. I felt like Richie Rich! The Hitchcock and the Stipula. I have had to order something now that I have never had before, a four pen pen case so that I can keep them safe when I am out and about. Oh yes, what is the point of a pen if not to be written with, the Hitchcock will be a daily writer, of that you can be sure!

Ah, just went to photo bucket and they are down for maintenance, photo's to follow and I know we usually say photo's or it did not happen by Maja will vouch for me, she got to write with it tonight.

peterpen53
June 22nd, 2012, 12:46 AM
A very lucky fellow indeed! Congratulations, Ian. And I do look forward to those pictures. Use in it good health.

Ehm...could you give me just a little hint where you find such clients? :)

Cheers,
Peter

John the Monkey
June 22nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Excellent! You obviously did good work!

manoeuver
June 22nd, 2012, 04:37 AM
Oh man. That is fanTAStic. Now we know who buys those pens. Thrilling it ended up in the hands of a pen lover.

writingrav
June 22nd, 2012, 04:40 AM
Wow. What a night!

ianmedium
June 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks so much folks. I am still pinching myself..And still waiting for photo bucket to come back on line! Anyone else experienced the site maintenance sign on their site? It is still showing this morning! I will try a direct upload from my computer.

peterpen53
June 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks, Ian. Finally a picture that shows this pen in full uncapped. Doesn't the vertigo-effect on the body make you nervous when you're using it?

KrazyIvan
June 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Holy cow! :jaw: I think you have sumgai status via a technicality. :D

ianmedium
June 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Ian. Finally a picture that shows this pen in full uncapped. Doesn't the vertigo-effect on the body make you nervous when you're using it?

Hi Peter. Hopefully this weekend more photo's to follow, let me know what you want to see most and I will try to get the shot! For a bit of fun click on the picture so that it opens in another tab, then scroll up and down quickly, you get a really good idea of the vertigo effect!

Holy cow! :jaw: I think you have sumgai status via a technicality. :D

Ivan, I had to look that up! I think with this one definitely! I still am in shock actually! I am really lucky to have such wonderful clients I can tell you!

Maja
June 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Ah, just went to photo bucket and they are down for maintenance, photo's to follow and I know we usually say photo's or it did not happen by Maja will vouch for me, she got to write with it tonight.

I saw the MB LE Hitchcock fountain pen at our pen club meeting last night....and it's fabulous---a gorgeous fountain pen that writes beautifully, too! :D Obviously a lot of time and care went into its design and production. The pen could not have gone to a nicer person, too! :cheer2:

May you enjoy your wonderful new fountain pen in good health for many, many years, Ian!

ianmedium
June 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
I saw the MB LE Hitchcock fountain pen at our pen club meeting last night....and it's fabulous---a gorgeous fountain pen that writes beautifully, too! :D Obviously a lot of time and care went into its design and production. The pen could not have gone to a nicer person, too! :cheer2:

May you enjoy your wonderful new fountain pen in good health for many, many years, Ian!

Thank you so much Maja. I was just about to respond to your email and will do so after I type this, but thank you so much!

Are you going to be watching tomorrow mornings podcast? BTW did you see my response on that subject!

Maja
June 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Are you going to be watching tomorrow mornings podcast? BTW did you see my response on that subject!
Yep...and I saw the replies....The pen photos on the live radio show are *exactly* the same pen photos as in the FPGeeks articles posted online, LOL. I enjoyed the radio show today---thanks to Stephen and Brian (and Eric, of course!) for another entertaining show :D

Bogon07
June 24th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Ianmedium, Congratulations on your Hitchcock. Thanks for the un-capped photo unleashing the full vertigo effect.

Now all you need to do is subtly let your clients know about this pen and see if any of them try to out do each other.

melissa59
June 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I've been out of town for a few days so I'm chiming in here really late, but wanted to say WOW! That is absolutely amazing!
I really love how Montblanc added a "knife" clip to this pen. I think that adds some fun to the design.

ianmedium
June 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone, Melissa, that clip is something that always catches my eye the moment I pict it up, the smallest details are perfect on it!

Okami
August 3rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Wow! That was one happy client!!