PDA

View Full Version : Please help identify this brand logo

Art
August 10th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I bought some nibs off eBay to use for grinding practice. Several of them came with this logo on them. It looks familiar but I can't remember where saw this logo before. The nib similar in size to a #5 JoWo, but has a slightly different shape such that it doesn't match up with the JoWo feed.

Please help satiate my curiosity and name the brand that uses this logo.

Marsilius
August 10th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I am sure this has nothing to do with this nib, but p, if read from right to left, it looms like a Hebrew Aleph elided to a Hebrew Gimel. (Cursive letters.) I'm intrigued to hear the real answer.

Art
August 11th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Thank you for the information, and the new vocabulary. I had to look up the definition of elided.

Marsilius
August 11th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Oops! It's one of my favorite words, and I tend to see elisions in lots of things. You nib still has me intrigued. Do you anything about your nibs' origin? American pens, somewhere else?

six3oo
August 14th, 2014, 04:20 AM
That logo belongs to a French fashion company called Courreges. They make perfumes, clothes and stuff now - I never knew that they dabbled in pens/nibs, so this is indeed a very interesting find.

KBeezie
August 14th, 2014, 09:32 AM
That logo belongs to a French fashion company called Courreges. They make perfumes, clothes and stuff now - I never knew that they dabbled in pens/nibs, so this is indeed a very interesting find.

Wouldn't surprise me since even Louis Vuitton has their own line of pens. Most of the fashion companies are going to have some kind of branded merchandise like watches, pens, etc (not normally fountain pens though), but most of the time they are not made by them, rather outsourced for marketing purposes.

:P If that's what it is, then I'd classify it more as a marketing memorabilia than a pen line.

Kurt S
August 14th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I think they were made for Courreges by the Platinum pen company.

KBeezie
August 14th, 2014, 10:40 AM

Platinum (Japanese Company) or Platignum (British Company) ?

Kurt S
August 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Platinum (Japanese Company) or Platignum (British Company) ?

Platinum (Japanese company)

Marsilius
August 15th, 2014, 01:27 AM
So I guess the letters are A C for André Courrèges. I knew my Hebrew image was way off, but at least the first letter was close!

Art
August 16th, 2014, 08:55 AM

Thank you for identifying the logo. I'm not sure why I felt that I had seen that logo before. Given it's source, it's unlikely I would have encountered it.