PDA

View Full Version : Is the Safari any different than the Logo?

Pixlr
August 10th, 2014, 10:56 PM
I'm aware that the materials are different and the appearance and price and converter is (slightly) different as well. But I'm thinking about the way it writes. All the Lamy nibs are the same, so do they all perform the same way? Or do the feeds vary in a great enough range to affect the performance of the various pens?

snedwos
August 11th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Afaik, it's exactly the same. If there were any variation it would be pen to pen rather than model to model.

reprieve
August 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM
The Logo and the CP1 both use the same exact nib and feed as the Safari/Al-Star (except for the Platinum CP1, which comes with a 14k gold nib). Same with the steel-nibbed Studios. It's very convenient as far as nib swapping goes.

The Logo and the CP1 are rarely mentioned around here, but I quite like them. The brushed steel Logo has become one of my workhorse pens. I use it nearly every day.

The CP1 and the Logo are both slender pens (the CP1 is more or less comparable to a standard pencil while the Logo is just a bit thicker). Both have round grip sections. The Logo's section is ridged so it keeps your fingers from slipping. I have the Platinum CP1 and the section is smooth metal, but I think the black CP1 has a ridged section similar to the Logo's. Both are snap caps. While I like the Studios a lot, they are much heftier in both weight and price. The Logo easily slips into my pockets and at $40, I don't worry terribly about losing it.

LamyOne
November 8th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Hello Pixlr,

The nib and feed are the same; however, I think Lamy pays more attention to quality as you move up the pay scale. While the Lamy Studio and Lamy Safari theoretically use the same nib and feed; my Studio writes wet and writes like silk; whereas some of my Safari's are a little dry and a little scratchy, (and needed some adjustments). ;)

Best regards,

Chris