PDA

View Full Version : Stipula Bon Voyage

writingrav
June 22nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
For those of you wondering about the new Stipula Bon Voyage, I have purchased one and love it. It is everything the Pasporta should have been but wasn't. The addition of an O-ring makes it much more effective as an eyedropper. The addition of a very handsome clip makes it more convenient. The addition of threads on the top of the barrel makes sure it stays comfortably posted. And since my two Passportos never wrote well and I never had time to get a nibmeister to try to figure out why, the fact that the Bon Voyage wrote beautifully right out of the box really thrilled me. It continues to write first time, every time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
June 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
A flat top Passaporto with a clip. Very nice. :cool:

ianmedium
June 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
That is wonderful, The thread on the back of the body is essential for this design I feel. It looks lovely, congratulations!

writingrav
June 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
That is wonderful, The thread on the back of the body is essential for this design I feel. It looks lovely, congratulations!

Thanks!

goldiesdad
June 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Congrats on a great pen ...

dgator
June 23rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Do you know if the nib can be easily swapped out? Like Pelikans. Great pen!

writingrav
June 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Do you know if the nib can be easily swapped out? Like Pelikans. Great pen!

I don't know. I'll try to find out Monday.

KrazyIvan
June 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM
If it is anything like the Passaporto, the nib unit screws in.

fountainpenkid
June 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I kinda like the styling on this one....

maiboo
June 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
My FPN passaporto, the nib itself can be pulled out, gotta get a good grip on it though. The feed doesn't come out with it. I just ordered a Bon Voyage from the Goulets, can't wait!

dannzeman
June 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for sharing! You can never really tell how good or bad a pen will be just from pics and the marketing speak from the manufacturers. I love it when y'all share your hands-on experience.

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
My FPN passaporto, the nib itself can be pulled out, gotta get a good grip on it though. The feed doesn't come out with it. I just ordered a Bon Voyage from the Goulets, can't wait!

You're having the same issue I had with my first Passaporto. The nib unit actually screws out but can be so tight that the nib pulls out instead, or in my case, the feed breaks. :( Stipula replaced the nib unit for me.

pocketses
June 13th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I've got a clear Bon Voyage on the way! I agree that the clip on it is what the Passaporto desperately needed and didn't get. My Passaporto had threaded ends, though, not like how Stipula is turning them out now with the friction-fit nub for posting. When they are that small and don't post deep, threads are the only way to go. Very glad to hear that the Bon Voyage is definitely threaded, as I've heard conflicting stories on that.

Nomdeplume
June 13th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Looks like a great little pen! What did you fill it with?

cedargirl
June 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Haha. I didn't know the pen. Thought you were saying goodbye to it. Doh!

drgoretex
June 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Darn. Another cool pen on my list. Thanks a lot. :angry:

Ken