PDA

View Full Version : Linking to Fountain Pen Radio

hippity_zippity
June 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hey Guys,

I really enjoy the FP Radio broadcasts that you continue to put together -- keep up the great work! I like that the Show Notes contain links to the stories that were discussed in each episode, but have you considered linking in the reverse direction (i.e. linking from the individual stories to the video of the show in which they were discussed)?

I frequently find myself re-reading old posts, wondering what you had to say about them during the radio discussions. I think that it would be great to embed in each post the video of the corresponding broadcast, which could be set to start playing at the timestamp (http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/start-youtube-video-minutes-seconds/) when discussion of that topic began. This would be a great way to connect the editorial content from your broadcasts with the informational content in your posts.

What do you guys think?

Best,
hippity_zippity

dannzeman
June 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
That's actually a fantastic idea! The only problem is keeping track of the times where we talk about each story. It can be a bit difficult while broadcasting as we're trying to do so many other things and we don't have time to rewatch the show. I suppose if someone left the times for us in the comments we could add them later.

hippity_zippity
July 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
I suppose if someone left the times for us in the comments we could add them later.

Done (pending comment approval).