PDA

View Full Version : SOLD For sale: Pilot Custom 823 Fine

mhosea
August 12th, 2014, 05:48 AM
For sale: Pilot Custom 823 Fine

Pilot Custom 823 (amber) with fine nib. No box.

I bought this pen used recently. I really like the feel of the pen, but the Pilot Fine nib is a little too fine for my taste--I estimate the line width at about 0.35mm. I fear that this pen will never see much use in my care. It is in excellent condition. I'm sure there are the usual micro-abrasions from normal handling and use. There are no cracks or chips, and the filling system is in perfect working order.

When I received the pen, it had Pilot's standard nib adjustment for gold nibs, which results in dry up-strokes. I have adjusted the nib for proper flow when writing without pressure and re-smoothed it just slightly. I also cleaned the pen and serviced the filler, re-lubing it with pure silicone grease. When I expelled the ink after filling it to produce the writing sample, it nearly reached the 2ml mark--I call it 1.7+ ml, and of course this does not count the ink that remained in the feed. There is a way to fit more, but it is potentially messy, and really, while I'm not sure how long it actually takes to use up 1.7ml with the Pilot's fine nib, but it would be a very long time! This would be a great pen for taking notes since you can see the ink supply and it will last for so long, anyway.

Asking $180 shipped via USPS Priority Mail to US destinations.

mhosea
August 13th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Would also consider a nib swap for a Medium or Broad Pilot #15 nib.

heymatthew
August 14th, 2014, 10:04 AM
PM Sent...