PDA

View Full Version : What sealing wax do you use?

tarheel1
August 13th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I was the recipient in the Wax seal PIF and now I am researching wax. I am wondering what wax you use and what your experiences with them are.

snedwos
August 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I got mine from Nostalgic impressions, where I got my seal. More than I'm ever likely to need anytime soon.

00Photo
August 13th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I use J. Herbin Supple Sealing Wax.

bec11mort
August 13th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I get mine from Amazon, a retailer called MECO. Their shipping is slow, but I like the wax a lot (and at around $1.25 a stick it's the cheapest I've found).

VertOlive
August 13th, 2014, 08:35 PM
My favorite is Abraxas dark amber. It's the brittle kind and has to go in a second padded envelope, but it's worth the trouble for special letters.

jbb
August 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM
My favorite is Abraxas dark amber. It's the brittle kind and has to go in a second padded envelope, but it's worth the trouble for special letters.

OOOh, where are you buying that?

jbb
August 17th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I mostly use Herbin Supple Wax but also like Atelier Gargoyle's flexible wax. I have some 100 year old brittle red sealing wax that makes gorgeous seals and smells great but doesn't go through the mail. Atelier Gargoyle's red wax smells really good too.

tarheel1
August 17th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I got 4 sticks as a sample from Nostalgic Impressions. It seems to work well and I love the colors.

VertOlive
August 17th, 2014, 09:58 PM

OOOh, where are you buying that?

I get it at www.castleintheair.biz

The dark amber is just exceptional!

dduran
August 18th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I get it at www.castleintheair.biz

The dark amber is just exceptional!

Thank you!