PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Edison Limited Edition Group Buy is Here!

bgray
August 14th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Hi Everyone.

The 2014 Group Buy has been announced.

I'll link the video below, but understand that there is some logistical information not covered within.

If you are interested, make sure to visit this link for complete details....
http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2014/8/14/2014-LE-Glenmont-Group-Buy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YPJbNInLQ

Thanks!

Brian at Edison

gwgtaylor
August 14th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Ebonite paid for. Stunning! I was hoping for a Glenmont too. Thanks Brian!

vistafan
August 15th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Hi,
How does Cumberland ebonite compare to the Cherry Cordial ebonite, which was used for the 2011 Edison Nouveau Premiere? Thank you.

bgray
August 15th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Hi,
How does Cumberland ebonite compare to the Cherry Cordial ebonite, which was used for the 2011 Edison Nouveau Premiere? Thank you.

The Cherry Cordial red tones are a bit more saturated, and this material is a little darker or richer in the reds. Also, the pattern of the Cherry Cordial is a random swirl. This is more of a uniform woodgrain pattern. Thanks!

alc3261
August 15th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Is the Ebonite that shiny?

Mags
August 15th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Ebonite paid for. Brian when I was at your table in DC I was drooling. I had to respect my customs limit though so had to defer my purchase from you. That is now remedied.

Brian can you declare the pen as made in the USA when shipping to Canada, as under free trade it should be duty free under the free trade agreement?

ALC3261 you should treat yourself to the ebonite version. I'm an enabler.

As an aside ALC3261 your letter will be posted today. Highlights from DC from my point of view. Including Sarj and Brian Edison enabling my debt loads.

bgray
August 15th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Is the Ebonite that shiny?

The photos and videos are very accurate. This has become my new favorite ebonite, due mostly to the fact that on a microscopic lever, it's a bit less porous that what previous manufactures have supplied me with. This means a better shine.

Tsuki yo
August 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Those are gorgeous! I just got myself a Caribbean Sea Nouveau Premiere, so I'll miss this buy unfortunately. But I hope all those that indulge themselves really enjoy these beautiful pieces.

manoeuver
August 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
sh'ttoyintz.

OilPatch
August 17th, 2014, 07:26 PM
ebonite paid for

bgray
September 3rd, 2014, 08:20 AM
Just a reminder that the buying period ends Friday!

http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2014/9/3/2014-LE-Group-Buy-Purchasing-Period-Coming-to-an-End-and-Canadian-Shipping

Mags
September 6th, 2014, 09:02 AM
I am getting all excited to hear how many limited editions there will be for this year.

bgray
September 9th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Update #1!

http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2014/9/9/2014-LE-Glenmont-Update-1

alc3261
September 12th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I am getting all excited to hear how many limited editions there will be for this year.

What other ones?

snedwos
September 12th, 2014, 12:17 PM
The Nouveau Premiere Fall Edition, I'm guessing.

tinysnail
September 12th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I think Mags may have meant how many pens would be made in each material (which update #1 said was 110 ebonite, 60 acrylic)

Austin_Malone
September 12th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I'll be very interested to see how they come out.

bgray
October 20th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Here's the latest update....
http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2014/10/20/le-glenmont-update-3

Mags
October 21st, 2014, 04:21 AM

What other ones?

Not other ones just how many are made in the group for 2014. Will there be 100, 200 or more.

bgray
October 21st, 2014, 06:24 AM

What other ones?

Not other ones just how many are made in the group for 2014. Will there be 100, 200 or more.

Roundabout 171. 108 Cumberland and 62 Wine. I think that's the final numbers, but I'll be triple checking before we wrap up.

Mags
October 22nd, 2014, 05:23 AM
Thanks Brian. Hopeful a few chunks go in our boxes when you send them out to use for a little stand. Oh to dream that random fate gets me #67 for my birth year!

bgray
October 31st, 2014, 07:01 AM
All set, and ready to ship!

http://edisonpen.com/index.cfm/2014/10/31/2014-le-glenmont-finished

Mags
October 31st, 2014, 05:56 PM
Oh sure will be nice to see the finished new pens. Hoping you can take a break after this big project.

alc3261
November 11th, 2014, 10:38 AM
How does anyone else like their pens?

jadehawk
November 12th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I am 99% happy... the 1% I did not like about my pen was that if you look close you can still see scratches from the tools on the pen specially on the cap next to the clip. looks like the pens was polished with the clip installed and to prevent damage to the clip the polishing was not so nice. the rest of the pen looks nice..

Just my 2 cents.. I got a Ebonite version number 17 of the lot :) I am wondering if I can use any type of polish and try to get it scratch free on my own, but I am afraid that it may need special polish medium since it is Ebonite..

bgray
November 13th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I am 99% happy... the 1% I did not like about my pen was that if you look close you can still see scratches from the tools on the pen specially on the cap next to the clip. looks like the pens was polished with the clip installed and to prevent damage to the clip the polishing was not so nice. the rest of the pen looks nice..

Just my 2 cents.. I got a Ebonite version number 17 of the lot :) I am wondering if I can use any type of polish and try to get it scratch free on my own, but I am afraid that it may need special polish medium since it is Ebonite..

Sorry to hear this! We'll be happy to give it an extra polish. We'll even send a prepaid shipping box to eliminate hassle. Just send an email if you want to do this. brian@edisonpen.com

Mags
November 15th, 2014, 08:08 AM
First impressions are all very positive. From packaging, letter to the pen itself all excellent.

alc3261 I will try to pen you a letter soon using the pen. Like all recent acquisitions I play or use them heavily for a week or two and form my opinion over time to see if I like it or not.

sharmon202
November 15th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I have been using the Acrylic EF for a couple weeks. It is very smooth. I am quite satisfied with the appearance and writing. I just inked the Ebonite 1.1 mm today. Very smooth. I like the wood grain. I know it would be too much to ask that the wood grain of cap & barrel match up when closed but that would be something great. So far not the first complaint. Let me get some more writing thru them but I do not anticipate any dissatisfaction.
I would like to know what to clean/polish each with. My body attracts static electricity seriously and I need to keep wiping it away. My issue, not the pen. Very glad I participated in my first group buy.

Silverbreeze
November 16th, 2014, 07:11 AM
I have been using the Acrylic EF for a couple weeks. It is very smooth. I am quite satisfied with the appearance and writing. I just inked the Ebonite 1.1 mm today. Very smooth. I like the wood grain. I know it would be too much to ask that the wood grain of cap & barrel match up when closed but that would be something great. So far not the first complaint. Let me get some more writing thru them but I do not anticipate any dissatisfaction.
I would like to know what to clean/polish each with. My body attracts static electricity seriously and I need to keep wiping it away. My issue, not the pen. Very glad I participated in my first group buy.
Lol careful now you may find Edison Pens more valuable and nicer to use then more expensive pens