PDA

View Full Version : Nib Adjustments!

Austin_Malone
August 14th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I used to offer only fountain pen adjustments, now I also offer nib grinds. The price will be $25, and at the moment I am only accepting straight (not oblique) stub and cursive italic grinds. I will only work on a pen whose nib is removable. $15 of every grind goes toward furthering my education (I'm in highschool now), $5 towards my fountain pen addiction, and $5 for return postage fees. Postage to me is the responsibility of the owner.

If you are dissatisfied with the work you must return it to me once to allow me a chance to fix it, after that I will refund you all but my original return shipping costs. (The second round, I'll pay.) I do not work on pens without removable nibs, because all of my adjustments are done exclusively by hand on various abrasive services, one wrong swipe and your feed is scarred forever. This has only happened once, but my customers pens are the priority. If you don't mind slight cosmetic damage, I will do the work after receiving a waiver PM. If you ship the pen to me with a sample of the ink and paper you use most often, I will use it during the adjustment. I will send a picture of the writing sample before I return the pen to you.

My stubs and cursive italics are modeled after Mike Masuyama, Shawn Newton, Pendleton Brown, and Richard Binder nibs. You may also elect to have a pen shipped to me after purchase, to be forwarded after the work has been completed. I will not buy tools to work on pens at my own expense (those specific to a certain pen model that is).

Any inquiries should be directed to the following email address: Malonekid99@gmail.com This where you place your order, and ask questions.

Turnaround time will be between 3-5 days at the moment, not inclusive of shipping times. If there is a specific

I ship via small flat rate box, with the included insurance of $50, additional insurance, if desired must be paid by the customer.

Stay tuned, I will soon be adding grinds to finer round nibs and maybe a Hebrew Nib.

:) Thanks in advance for your support in furthering my Fountain Pen Obsession and Undergraduate Studies.