PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS - Very nice Sheaffer Balance Vigilant "875", striated green, two-tone nib.

davefeldman
August 15th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Up for sale is a beautiful Sheaffer Balance Vigilant "875" in striated "marine green" from the early 1940's. The pen has been restored--cleaned, shined up, and a new sac installed. Cosmetically, the pen is in great shape, with very little wear from use over the years. The lever filling mechanism functions perfectly. The barrel and cap feature deep pearlescent green striations with no fading whatsoever. The white dot on the cap is bright white, and the ink-view window is nice and clear. The gold-filled over-the-top clip looks shiny and new. The cap band and lever have some very slight brassing at the very edges, but nothing too noticeable. The barrel imprint reading "W.A. Sheaffer Pen Co. Fort Madison, Iowa, U.S.A., Patented in the U.S.A." is crisp and clearly readable. The barrel is also imprinted with the code "875", indicating that it originally sold for $8.75, Sheaffer's second highest priced model at the time, I believe. Best of all, the pen features a very smooth 14k gold two-tone Lifetime nib that lays down a nice fine line. Unlike many fine nibs that are somewhat scratchy, this one is nice and smooth. As you can see in the photos, this is a very handsome pen that definitely draws the eye. It's also a great writer.

Asking $80.00, including shipping within the continental U.S. International buyers are welcome, but there may be a small additional shipping charge. I can be reached through sending me email (davef200@gmail.com). Please do not send me a private message through FPGeeks, as I might not get it in time!