PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS - Beautiful "Red Ripple" flat-top pen by Eagle Pencil Co., 1920's, flexy 14k nib!

davefeldman
August 15th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Up for sale is a beautiful red ripple flat-top pen, most likely from the late 1920's, by Eagle Pencil Co. The red ripple pattern of the barrel (which I believe is hard rubber/ebonite) consists of vibrant dark reds contrasted against deep blacks. The pen's coloring is perfect--no lightening with age. The pen has been cleaned, shined up, and a new sac installed. Cosmetically, the pen is in great shape, with very little wear from use over the years. The gold colored clip and wide cap band are in great shape, and the lever filling mechanism functions perfectly. Best of all, the pen is fitted with a wonderful 14k solid gold Warranted #8 nib with flex! Though it's not super-flexy, the nib easily flexes between a silky smooth fine-to-medium and broad line, making it an absolute joy to write with. See writing samples below. As you can see in the photos, this is a stunning pen, and it's really fun to write with!

Asking $120.00, including shipping within the continental U.S. International buyers are welcome, but there may be a small additional shipping charge. I can be reached through sending me email (davef200@gmail.com). Please do not send me a private message through FPGeeks, as I might not get it in time!