PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS - Very nice Wearever brand oversize jade pen, 1930's, semi-flex 14k nib!

davefeldman
August 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
SOLD!

Here's the chance to own a very cool pen for not much money. Up for sale is a very nice oversized Wearever pen in jade color, likely from the 1930's. It's big, measuring a full 5 1/2 inches capped and over 6 1/2 inches posted. The pen has been restored--cleaned, shined up, and a new sac installed. Cosmetically, the pen is in very nice shape, with little wear from use over the years. The lever filling mechanism functions perfectly. The barrel and cap feature pearlescent jade coloring, with light and dark greens that give the pen a beautiful sense of "depth". The clip and lever are silver colored. Moreover, the pen features a smooth-writing 14k "Warranted" semi-flex nib. Though it's not super-flexy, it flexes easily between fine and medium line, making it a joy to write with! (See writing sample below.) As you can see in the photos, this pen really draws the eye! The reason I am not asking more for the pen is because of one flaw: The nib has a hairline crack, which is completely hidden inside of the grip section. It has been there for a long time and appears to be stable. It doesn't interfere at all in the functioning of the pen and is completely hidden inside, so you shouldn't even notice it.

Asking $47.00, including shipping within the continental U.S. International buyers are welcome, but there may be a small additional shipping charge. I can be reached through sending me email (davef200@gmail.com).

davefeldman
August 16th, 2014, 06:04 PM
SOLD! Thanks everyone!