PDA

View Full Version : Edison Collier with Binder Full Flex Nib

00Photo
August 18th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I finally had some time to sit down and do a pen review. Here is my review of the Edison Collier with a Richard Binder Full Flex XF/XXF Duo-Point Nib.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mf_J1CMH8g

Bogon07
August 18th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the video review, it was great to see this beautiful pen in action along with the Richard Binder flex nib.

I'm sure Brian Gray will be truly pleased with your review too.

My only advice would be to bump up the sound levels a little.

How is the cat I hope you didn't scare it too much ?

Oddly, the button on your shirt looks like a philips head screw.:)

00Photo
August 18th, 2014, 11:34 PM
You have no idea how hard I tried to get better sound. LOL. There was a box right in front of me just below the camera view with the iphone earbuds/microphone resting on it. My first attempts without the mic, just using the phone's mic were horrifically bad. I'll have to start saving my pennies for a mic like Dan has. :D

The cat was mad because he couldn't get in and roll around in wet ink, which seems to be his main hobby. :D
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3825/12252696863_ce1c4511c6_z.jpg

Carole
August 19th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Outstanding! I'd long been hoping to see a Binder Flex review, and with Edison, one of my very favorite brands, it's beyond excellent. Thanks much! Like Bogon, I was a little worried about Tommy. Maybe the two of you can do these videos together? As long as he doesn't go nuts when he sees the bird flourishing. Though it'd be fun seeing him claw the feathers off the paper.

All in all, wonderful, plus a nice acknowledgement to SBRE, Primus inter pares. Looking forward to many more of your videos!

Bogon07
August 19th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Its wonderful you and your cat can share your stationery hobby. He looks a bit of a charmer too.

velo
August 19th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Thankyou for comparing pen sizes!

Almost all my purchases are done online so that is one thing that is very useful in a review. It would be great in your next review to make comparisons with other popular fountain pens.

00Photo
August 19th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure how many popular fountain pens I actually own. :D I do have some Lamy Safari's, maybe I'll toss that in the next one.

velo
August 20th, 2014, 02:50 AM
That's the one I was thinking of.:D

rgperedo
August 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
That was seriously one of the best reviews I've seen. Great job. It was entertaining and informative and you have nice handwriting, which is a bonus. Good idea on the comparison to everyday stuff like sharpies and such, somehow makes more sense than just some measurements. Thanks for the info. I will be doing some research into the Binder nib on an Edison. Thanks.

Mags
August 22nd, 2014, 07:54 PM
I found the review useful, in large part, given your beautiful penmanship. I think you were able to demonstrate the potential for the nib with proper training by the user.