PDA

View Full Version : A PIF for all pen pals, correspondents and postcard fans

migo984
August 19th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone

I really enjoy writing to all my pen pals so I thought it would be nice to offer a PIF that might help spread my love of corresponding with friends around the world.

I'm offering a lovely book of 20 Johanna Basford "Secret Garden" postcards. If you are not familiar with her work, these cards feature beautifully detailed illustrations, printed on lovely thick, heavyweight cream card. Her illustrations are designed to be coloured by the sender; you can use coloured pencils, gel pens, felt-tip pens, and even most fountain pen inks. Or you can just leave them as they are for the receiver to colour.

The card accepts fountain pens (although probably not very wet writers). The postcards detach easily and cleanly from the book and are suitable for posting without envelopes. All 20 cards feature different designs (see some examples below).

This PIF is open to everyone. I will post it anywhere and will pay all shipping costs.

If you'd like a chance to win this PIF, just let me know by replying in this thread. It would be nice hear a little bit about your pen pal activity or whether you are new to letter-writing.

I'll keep this PIF open until 7pm GMT on Monday 25th August.

Good luck.

cwent2
August 19th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I missed last years INCOWRIMO, so ventured out and corresponded with a few folk on the list - then jumped on the incowrimo this year. I enjoy writing with my FP and having pen pals increases the enjoyment.

thank you for the opportunity to participate in your PIF

VertOlive
August 19th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Those are wonderful, they sort of look like coloring books for fountain pens I love the bugs-in-hiding!

--thanks for offering this to the forum [Not an entry, just a kudo!]

Shimmershadow
August 19th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I adore post cards and I love sending them to pen-pals! It's just a nice way for me to spread a little art through the world, and let people know that I'm thinking of them, especially when I (shamefully) don't have time to write a full letter.

Murfie
August 19th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Mmm, the PIF champion of FPG. Your generosity knows no bounds. You are a real treasure. Not an entry, just a big thank you. :applause::applause:

DMurphy
August 19th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Migo,

I would really like to be considered for this PIF. With my renewed infatuation with writing I have started to write to people that I have not communicated with in years, the emotion that is conveyed through placing ink on paper is astounding. This is something that has been lost in the age of electronic communication and the limits of text messages and tweets.

The recipient understands the value of the time that has been placed in a written letter or card. They know that someone had to take some time to get out their writing materials and place words on the page. I really enjoy receiving notes from friends and from those on this forum.

In the PIFs that I have been lucky enough to win I have attempted to send a note and something extra to express my gratitude for each person's generosity. Some are becoming pen pals, and I value each note. I would enjoy adding color to each of these cards and sending a small portion of myself with every card.

Jon Szanto
August 19th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Well, here's the thing: I have a lot of stuff, and all the things I need to write and play with inks and pens and all that. I don't need anything else, and I know that a lot of people do. So I won't enter.

But I did feel compelled to say something:

Migo, you are a
wonderfully charitable
person, and we are so
very lucky to have you
here at FPG!

Thank you for your
generous spirit!!

migo984
August 22nd, 2014, 12:37 AM
Well, here's the thing: I have a lot of stuff, and all the things I need to write and play with inks and pens and all that. I don't need anything else, and I know that a lot of people do. So I won't enter.

Migo, you are a
wonderfully charitable
person, and we are so
very lucky to have you
here at FPG!

Thank you for your
generous spirit!!

Now you're really embarrassing me! :redface::redface: :)

I just really like you guys & this pen community. It deserves lots of support. My PIFs do that, in a small way.

vistafan
August 22nd, 2014, 02:23 AM

Migo, you are a
wonderfully charitable
person, and we are so
very lucky to have you
here at FPG!

Thank you for your
generous spirit!!

I agree, wholeheartedly! Thank you, Migo984 for being such a generous member - not only with the PIFs, but also information. I love to follow your posts, as you provide a wealth of information about Japanese pens, paper and inks!

This is not an entry, but I felt compelled to express my agreement with Jon's post.

RuiFromUK
August 22nd, 2014, 03:32 AM
Now you're really embarrassing me! :redface::redface: :)

I just really like you guys & this pen community. It deserves lots of support. My PIFs do that, in a small way.

No need to get embarrassed Migo. You are indeed our generous guardian angel. Thank you very much once again for yet another very beautiful and generous PIF.

As you see from the amount of paper blocks/notebooks I bring to the London gatherings, please do not consider this as an entry to the PIF. It is just a kudo like VertOlive said.

VertOlive
August 22nd, 2014, 02:07 PM
Folks, I have one of these books. Sign up for this PIF. It's positively addicting to sit coloring them in with all your inks and pens!

snedwos
August 22nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
I've already won two pifs, so I'll sit this one out. But wow, those are nice!

caribbean_skye
August 22nd, 2014, 08:30 PM
i would like to be considered for this PIF

jadehawk
August 23rd, 2014, 08:54 AM
Very nice PIF I had no idea postcards where also sold like this (book style?) Thank you for your PIF's

migo984
August 23rd, 2014, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone

I really enjoy writing to all my pen pals so I thought it would be nice to offer a PIF that might help spread my love of corresponding with friends around the world.

I'm offering a lovely book of 20 Johanna Basford "Secret Garden" postcards. If you are not familiar with her work, these cards feature beautifully detailed illustrations, printed on lovely thick, heavyweight cream card. Her illustrations are designed to be coloured by the sender; you can use coloured pencils, gel pens, felt-tip pens, and even most fountain pen inks. Or you can just leave them as they are for the receiver to colour.

The card accepts fountain pens (although probably not very wet writers). The postcards detach easily and cleanly from the book and are suitable for posting without envelopes. All 20 cards feature different designs (see some examples below).

This PIF is open to everyone. I will post it anywhere and will pay all shipping costs.

If you'd like a chance to win this PIF, just let me know by replying in this thread. It would be nice hear a little bit about your pen pal activity or whether you are new to letter-writing.

I'll keep this PIF open until 7pm GMT on Monday 25th August.

Good luck.

:bump:

Brian K
August 23rd, 2014, 11:03 PM
I am a 57 year old man and I still love to color and these would be just the thing to get me to write to some people I haven't been in touch with in a while. Thanks for your generous offer!

shellseeker
August 25th, 2014, 10:01 AM
What beautiful cards! I would love to be considered for this generous PIF. I have just started writing to some pen pals and to some of my faraway friends and family. I have acquired a few pens and some beautiful inks and would enjoy using these cards to send a beautiful greeting.

migo984
August 27th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Ooooopps!! Sorry folks. I'm really late announcing the winner of this PIF. It's been a hectic few days, at work and home, and my mind has been distracted by big events that are happening soon. (Well, in all honesty I expect it's actually more to do with the fact that I'm getting old and forgetful) :)

Anyway, I used random.org as usual and the winner of this PIF is:

shellseeker :cheer2:Congratulations. I'll be in touch via PM for your postal details.

If anyone fancies some BungBox ink samples, I'll be offering another PIF soon...........

caribbean_skye
August 27th, 2014, 05:29 AM
congrats shellseeker

DMurphy
August 27th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Congratulations!!

VertOlive
August 27th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Have Fun, shellseeker!

shellseeker
August 27th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thank you so much, migo984! These are so beautiful and will be so much fun!

Bogon07
August 27th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Congratulations Shellseeker have fun and here is some inspiration from Christopher Marley for insect colours.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ppzfL7vo0F4/T6LsTVHCnWI/AAAAAAAAAX4/FQe-D3UwXSI/s1600/A149cvr.jpg

migo984
August 27th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Congratulations Shellseeker have fun and here is some inspiration from Christopher Marley for insect colours.

WOW! Stunning colours. Thank you for posting that, Bogon.

shellseeker
August 28th, 2014, 11:03 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ppzfL7vo0F4/T6LsTVHCnWI/AAAAAAAAAX4/FQe-D3UwXSI/s1600/A149cvr.jpg

Oh, my! I may have to buy more ink!