PDA

View Full Version : Nice new concept to compliment inks

Bling72
August 19th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Hello I just happened to have the Albert Einstein ink and stumbled across this paperblanks series. They do 100's of different patterns, colours, writing books of various sizes, including an accordian A4 12 sleeve organiser. You can get the books with lined or unlined.

The photos you see below are the "Embelished Manuscripts".

So for example of Albert Einstein you see some of his work on the front, on the back you see his image.

The other is Eugenie Balzac. There are about 20+ different characters in this series such as Ghandi, Michaelangelo, Oscar Wilde etc.

The paper is cream when you look at it, and when you write on it, it sound absolutely incredible. Very nice and loud when you are using a fountain pen.

As if you were writing in the old days with a feather fountain pen onto a scroll.

Unfortunately that affect on the sound isn't so obvious and as loud using a fine liner Starwalker, but it still feels nice to write on.

Bogon07
August 19th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I have the smaller notebook to go with my Albert Einstein ink & like that the ink has a slight silveriness to go with the printing on the book.

I'd wary if they brought out a Marie Curie notebook and ink set.

http://www.notebookstories.com/2014/08/06/marie-curies-radioactive-notebook/

Bling72
August 20th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Wow, you must sign a waiver so that your family does not sue in case you die from touching the books lol. Sound like a pre-nup.

velo
August 20th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I've seen this brand in a local bookstore. While I prefer understated things I think some of them are beautiful.

Bling72
August 20th, 2014, 05:16 AM
They are very beautiful, the paper lined or unlined, is very nice to write on. There isn't much better than G. Lalo if you wish to use a fountain pen.

It's nice to have lots of options, I am going to get a very nice organiser which will not fit this brand of books because organisers don't fit hard cover very well.

However you can have various pads and paper for different needs/occasions, so all I need is nice A5 pads to put in my organiser, which I better not take to work, you know how it is, people say comments like :

We pay you too much here.

Double-standard rubbish from people who have other expensive things and they comment about pens, goods that we buy.

dr.grace
August 20th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I agree that some of the designs are beautiful. But has Paperblanks changed to a more reliable paper formulation? Some of the ones I bought a few years ago are made with fountain pen-unfriendly paper.

Bling72
August 20th, 2014, 03:34 PM
You know what ? I actually have not written on that paper yet haha. It does feel nice however when I touch the paper. I will give it a try right now.

Bling72
August 20th, 2014, 04:34 PM
The paper is cream when you look at it, and when you write on it, it sound absolutely incredible. Very nice and loud when you are using a fountain pen.

As if you were writing in the old days with a feather fountain pen onto a scroll.

Unfortunately that affect on the sound isn't so obvious and as loud using a fine liner Starwalker, but it still feels nice to write on.

da vinci
August 21st, 2014, 04:44 AM
You know what ? I actually have not written on that paper yet haha. It does feel nice however when I touch the paper. I will give it a try right now.

Look forward to hearing your views _ I like the idea of matching inks and notebooks :)

Bling72
August 21st, 2014, 07:04 AM
There is a leonardo ink. I have posted a review on that ink as well.

dr.grace
August 21st, 2014, 09:08 AM
The problem I had was not the feel of the nib on the paper, it was ink feathering and bleed-through.

VertOlive
August 21st, 2014, 03:21 PM
I went to the site, but it looks like you can't buy online? Some of those are great!

Bling72
August 22nd, 2014, 04:55 AM
You cannot buy them online directly from the manufacturer, but there is a website that does :

http://www.booktopia.com.au

Surely the postage from Australia to Michigan will be international rates. It would be more worthwhile to purchase more than 1 item to make the postage worth it.

Make no mistake, pay extreme attention when you click the item. If it says 'out of stock', it is literally 'out of stock'. These sell like hot cakes even in the Melbourne shops.

The manufacturer doesn't stock up on supplies. So it's always in demand. However the pricing is excellent for a hard cover series of books.

Order some lined and no lined books. Make sure you read the details whether it is lined or unlined to avoid dissapointment.

They have a number you can call, but it takes about 8-10 minutes to get through, in case you have any questions/concerns.

The accordian 12 sleeve boxes are very beautiful, and feel of excellent quality. A very nice box to store your important papers in.

I have ordered from them before, excellent value for money for sure. Won't get cheaper elsewhere.

The order will take weeks, and if overseas, at least a month before you receive it. There is a 24 hour cooling-off period in case you change your mind, but only 24 hours.

Crazyorange
August 22nd, 2014, 06:23 AM
Amazon sells them. Though I can't find the all their offerings. Found Einstein and bronte.

Bling72
August 22nd, 2014, 06:46 AM
Yep they will be found on amazon and ebay. Keep in mind that it is buyer beware. There are many instances of buyers being shafted by not receiving the original product.

Ebay was made to protect/advantage the seller, rather than the buyer.

If you get them then and it's legit, then great.

We have consumer protection laws in Australia to avoid being deceived or ripped off by shadey reproductions of original products.

That protection doesn't exist nor apply in most other countries.

Ebay and amazon - all a luck of the draw.