PDA

View Full Version : VictaPen Set

RayCornett
August 20th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I see little information on this company so I am wondering if anyone else might be able to fill in the blanks with what they might know about the company and/or this set. It is obviously a ladies set as they are maybe 4 inches in length. I just got it today and didn't think it was so small but it has grown on me pretty quickly. If I write with it posted it just meets the minimum size requirements for my hand.13535

Jon Szanto
August 20th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Ray - I have a nearly identical pen, with thinner celluloid striations and a very interesting nib. If you are going to be at the SF Pen Show, look me up, I'll have it with me.

RayCornett
August 20th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Sadly I won't be able to make it. Next time! But yes this pen is growing on me the more I hold and tinker with it. The sac is just fine as well. One thing, I am not sure if my nib is stained on parts of it near the section or if it was gold tone at one time and the tone has rubbed off as it aged. Is yours just plain steel looking or?

Jon Szanto
August 20th, 2014, 11:45 PM
The nib on mine is one of the unusual features, something I've only seen on one other pen: the actual nib is 14k, but being that these cheaper pens kept the nibs thin, there is a steel frame that runs around the edge of the top of the nib to give it support. Interesting to look at, but no time for pics right now.

Boy, if whatever else you are doing falls through, you aren't going to find a pen show any closer to you! Get your butt over for a couple hours! :)