PDA

View Full Version : FS - Beautiful Diamond Point Pen in Mandarin Yellow, Flexy 14k Nib, Ring-Top, 1920's.

davefeldman
August 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
Up for sale is a beautiful Diamond Point FILL E-Z TUCOLOR ringtop pen from the 1920's in mandarin yellow. Diamond Point was an American company known for manufacturing high quality pens in the early 1900's. The barrel and cap are in the relatively rare mandarin color with nice looking green and black double-stripes around the very top of the cap and bottom of the barrel. The pen has been cleaned, shined up, and a new sac installed. The lever filling mechanism functions perfectly. Cosmetically, the pen is in great shape, with very little wear from use over the years. There is some discoloration from green ink around the barrel thread. As you can see in the pictures, however, this doesn't detract from the overall beauty of the pen. The ringtop and clip are both lightly gold colored and in excellent condition. The triangle-shaped "ring" is still present on the top of the cap, unlike many pens of this age which lose their rings over the years. The barrel imprint reading "Diamond Point FILL E-Z TUCOLOR" is crisp and easily readable. The pen features a super-flexible "wet noodle" 14k gold Warranted nib. The nib is in good shape except for some minor ripples near the tip which probably resulted from the nib being bent upwards by an overzealous writer, and then bent back down again into the proper position. But the pen writes wonderfully, flexing easily between a fine and broad line, making it an absolute joy to write with! See writing sample below. It measures 5" capped and about 5 3/4" posted. It's a great deal for a super-flexible-nibbed pen of this make!

Price just dropped to $78.00 including shipping within the continental U.S. International buyers are welcome, but there may be a small additional shipping charge. I can be reached through sending me email (davef200@gmail.com).

davefeldman
August 27th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Price dropped to $78.00! I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped on this, given the flexy nib!