PDA

View Full Version : Do the New Pilot Metropolitan Feeds Pull Out

heath
August 23rd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Someone asked me if the new pens feeds pull out like the originals as they were having a hard time getting the new ones out. Any ideas?

Thanks!

KBeezie
August 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
They're friction fit just like the Pilot 78G, Plumix or Penmanship (the nibs from those are interchangeable with the Metro, and the feed/section is interchangeable with the 78G)

The first time tend to be the toughest. You just have to be patient and slowly work it out. One of my metros was pretty easy, the other (with a fine nib) was a real PITA the first 10 minutes.

mhosea
August 23rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Pilot feeds can be pushed out. Use a plastic rod or wooden dowel (pencil, etc.--something that isn't sharp and that will withstand some pressure while not doing damage to the plastic piece you will be pressing it against) of sufficiently small diameter that it would easily fit inside the opening of a Pilot cartridge. Look inside the grip section where a cartridge would attach. The cartridge "nipple" is a cylinder with a big chunk cut out on top, extending back like the end of a water slide chute. Put your plastic or wooden rod inside that so that it rests entirely on the end of the feed which is visible inside the cartridge nipple. Press. You don't need to push it all the way out, especially if what you're using is tapered (e.g. I have used a Papermate Sharpwriter mechanical pencil); once it is loose, it will be easy to pull out.