PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Traveling Ink Pot

tiffanyhenschel
August 23rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
This Visconti Traveling Ink Pot is used but still has a secure seal. It is covered in a tarnished silver overlay. $38 shipped. $16 extra for international shipping.

Subtract $3 if purchased with an ink from my ink listing. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/24/tapu7u2y.jpg

dannzeman
August 23rd, 2014, 03:46 PM
I'll take it.

dannzeman
September 5th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Just received the inkpot today and it cleaned up very well! Thanks, Tiffany!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10576949_849791875032481_6203368273059217523_n.jpg ?oh=29db1a289b6cfeb27b3a1a844ec05339&oe=549E6622&__gda__=1419353672_6f8c5e3dce0f4dec1612880070deb66 4

tiffanyhenschel
September 5th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Perfect! I'm glad it went to a good home. It always made me feel guilty because I should use it but didn't. I sold it for more than I paid for it, so we both got a good deal.

GING GING
November 8th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Test

Tracy Lee
November 8th, 2014, 04:06 AM
There are lots of versions of the pots, some were made to match pens as a set. I have one like this that came with my moonlight Voyager, and I have one that matches my nordic fjord opera. And two plain ones, one older model one new.

Mags
November 8th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I am looking for another ink pot with a metal, Chrome or gold overlay. Naturally I am seeing them but not at a price I want as yet to pay. I carry my plastic black one daily. But ink choices with multiple ink pots in my Penevelope would be nice to have.

GING GING
November 8th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Test

earthdawn
November 8th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I am looking for another ink pot with a metal, Chrome or gold overlay. Naturally I am seeing them but not at a price I want as yet to pay. I carry my plastic black one daily. But ink choices with multiple ink pots in my Penevelope would be nice to have.

Wait the ink pot fits in the Penvelope???

If it does can you post a pic ?????

tiffanyhenschel
November 8th, 2014, 06:14 PM

I don't have mine anymore, obviously, but it fits perfectly in a Penvelope. It's just a tiny bit wider around than the Homo Sapiens. If I remember correctly, that is how I shipped it to Dan.

earthdawn
November 8th, 2014, 06:20 PM

I don't have mine anymore, obviously, but it fits perfectly in a Penvelope. It's just a tiny bit wider around than the Homo Sapiens. If I remember correctly, that is how I shipped it to Dan.

Ugh,,,, really... Well now i HAVE to get one.

Do you or did you ever have any worries it would leak in your Penvelope ?

Thanks for the info... I think lol.

tiffanyhenschel
November 8th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Never. That seal is tight.

reprieve
November 8th, 2014, 06:40 PM
I have a couple of Visconti inkpots and they do indeed fit in the Franklin Christoph Penvelopes. When I travel, I usually take my six-pen Penvelope with five pens and an inkpot. The seal is airtight--when you take the stopper out, you hear it POP! audibly. None of my inkpots have ever leaked, not even after several airplane flights.

They're ingenious little gadgets. You can often find them on e-bay for about $40. Totally worth it.

Tracy Lee
November 8th, 2014, 06:44 PM

Ugh,,,, really... Well now i HAVE to get one.

My cat just knocked mine onto a porcelain tile floor and it skittered and rolled into the baseboard with a thwack. No a drop escaped. Suckers are solid and tightly sealed.

tandaina
November 8th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I have the plain old fashioned black one. Works well. Has had the same ink in it from a long ago trip for ages and keeps it as well as an ink bottle. Yes, it fits in my leather 3 pen holder (bought well used, no clue what brand but fits about as snuggly as my MB 146 so I figure if your 146 fits in a holder the ink pot will too. Handy to have but I really don't use mine much.

Mags
November 10th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Sorry for late reply. Yes they fit Penvelope and no to leaking.