PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from London, England!

Floreat
August 24th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Hi all,

I'm Anna, and I'm a 30something girl living in the middle of London. I like to paint and draw, so over the past few years I've been enjoying sending mail art (handpainted postcards and envelopes) to my godchildren and other kids of my friends.....and now my godchildren are growing up I'm able to write "proper" letters to them and make good use of my fountain pens too, so I've branched out into writing illustrated story-letters :) I'm also experimenting with dabbling in a bit of calligraphy but am not very good at it yet!

I've got a nice little collection of FPs, with the more expensive ones having been gifts. I was recently given a beautiful Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique and a TWSBI 580 Rosegold for my birthday - I feel very spoilt! I do really love the Lamy Safari family of pens though and have a number of these as they work so well.

Well, that's me - nice to meet you all here :D

Anna x

Jeph
August 24th, 2014, 06:40 AM
:welcome: London pen show coming soon!

caribbean_skye
August 24th, 2014, 06:55 AM
welcome welcome. I love the idea of illustrated story-letters, however i cannot draw.

writingrav
August 24th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

jbb
August 24th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Welcome!

DMurphy
August 24th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the group! I am intrigued about your illustrated letters, as I have become very passionate about letter wiring. Dive in and post!

RuiFromUK
August 24th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Hi Anna,

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you will be able to join the group of Geeks that meet once a month in London or even come to the London pen show on the first Sunday of October where the same group of Geeks will also be there.

Have fun in the forum.

Rui

Floreat
August 24th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome! I love the sound of the FP meets so hopefully I will get to meet you sometime soon! :)

Anna :)

Zanshin
August 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Hello and welcome from sunny Surrey

Frank
August 24th, 2014, 04:40 PM
:welcome:

VertOlive
August 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Oooooo- Illustrated Story Letters! Must see!

Welcome!

Quantum Sailor
August 27th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forums