PDA

View Full Version : Parker 45 Section Variants

RayCornett
August 24th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I was gifted 5 Part 45s. One is Olive with an X nib from the Pretty Colors collection.

I am attaching a photo of 2 sections. 4 of the pens have a section like the red one. Deep notches in the lip. The green one has almost nonexistant nothhes about 1/32 of an inch deep maybe slightly deeper. I thought maybe it had been sanded down by a previous owner but both sections are exactly the same length.

I am assuming they are just different generations but any more specific information would be appreciated.

Runnin_Ute
August 24th, 2014, 08:41 PM
both of mine have the notches. I am not an expert but, imagine you are correct.

Chrissy
August 26th, 2014, 01:51 AM
It's probably just the way they held them when they originally machined the shell and/or threads.

Two of mine have the notches. I don't know about the other 2 because I have bought them to be delivered to the US :bounce:

RayCornett
September 14th, 2014, 10:36 PM
After a couple email exchanges with Parker I was told the notches were used to help remove the sections from the mold. I guess in a later generation they didn't need as much notch.

Flounder
September 16th, 2014, 04:09 PM
My last 45 dated from the early to mid 90s, and had 3 tiny raised blisters on the metal ring to help with cap security.