PDA

View Full Version : Micarta kudus

writingrav
June 25th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I had an extended writing project to work on today and not only was it hot, the air conditioning was barely working. I've already been suffering from sweaty hand syndrome this week, but chose to use my Twisbi Micarta for this job. Wrote for a few hours straight without experiencing sweaty hands. I attribute this to the micarta material. By the way it also writes phenomenally well and may be the most comfortable -in-the-hand pen I own, which is the main reason I chose it today. I haven't heard much chatter about it since all the hype when it first came out so I thought I'd share.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
June 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
great to know. when they make a piston filler (;)), I will consider this!

KrazyIvan
June 26th, 2012, 02:59 PM
A piston filler would get all stained up unless it had some sort of internal sleeve or something. I need to get myself one eventually.

fountainpenkid
June 26th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I know...but a sleeve would work :) I just don't buy c/c pens. period.

dannzeman
June 29th, 2012, 10:40 PM
This is one of the reasons why I love my Micarta as well. That material is just so awesome!

Yeah, I know...but a sleeve would work :) I just don't buy c/c pens. period.
There'd be a lot more to it than just adding a sleeve. You know how much smack I talk against c/c pens but if I find one I like I still buy it. You'll miss out on some great pens if you pass on 'em just because of the filling system.

etoyoc
July 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM
One of these days I will pick up a Micarta. Unfortunately, until the end of vet bills and travel expenses stop piling up, it will be a while.

writingrav
July 2nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
One of these days I will pick up a Micarta. Unfortunately, until the end of vet bills and travel expenses stop piling up, it will be a while.

I know the feeling. After some pretty free spending since getting caught up in this madness I'm at the end of the line for many months ahead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brando090
July 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
A piston filler would get all stained up unless it had some sort of internal sleeve or something. I need to get myself one eventually.

x2, ive got over $2000 worth of vintage pens to buy (2-4 trades) im working on acquiring jaw dropping vintage pens, some one of a kind. But yes, this will be like my M200, a daily writer, i hate C/C though.