PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse SF Pen Show Re-Cap Edition

AltecGreen
August 24th, 2014, 11:33 PM
We will have a Pen Posse to go over the SF Pen Show. Lots to discuss about things that worked and things that didn't. It might also be the return of Ethernautrix. Yay!

We'll meet the the normal time and place for this one since we may need the room and Ether might want a Monte Cristo.

Sunday August 31st

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe
10 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030

Jon Szanto
August 25th, 2014, 01:31 AM
I will forward comments in advance of your gathering. I can't handle another drive like that next weekend, but I'll be thinking about all of you.

ethernautrix
August 25th, 2014, 04:04 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! (That was my auto-correct suggestion when I typed "yay," hahaha, and it's perfect! )

Can't wait to see you guys and hear all about the pen show! Congratulations to the SF Pen Show team!

P.S. I don't see the "thanks" button on mobile (not using tapatalk), otherwise I'd have used it. Yay!

LagNut
August 25th, 2014, 09:25 AM
To do thanks, first highlight, then a thumbs up appears on the top bar...

Cheers
Mike

ethernautrix
August 25th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks, Mike! I'm on my laptop now ("working"), but I'll check it out on my phone later.

gweddig
August 25th, 2014, 02:09 PM
To do thanks, first highlight, then a thumbs up appears on the top bar...

Cheers
Mike

Doesn't work on Android Firefox.

ethernautrix
August 25th, 2014, 04:15 PM
D'oh!

Guess I'll have to clutter up threads with thanks. (Hehe!)

ethernautrix
August 25th, 2014, 04:18 PM
P.S. PEN POSSE!

So excited! Pen Posse AND a nice, long bike ride on my fabulous Bike D. (short for Bike DeStefano, named in honor and memory of comedian Mike DeStefano). I've been riding a heavy Trek Navigator for about eight months, and it's great for getting around Wroclaw and for shopping and navigating the cobble stones, but I know Trek Madone 3.1. Trek Madone 3.1 is a friend of mine. You, Trek Navigator, are no Trek Madone 3.1.

Wheeeeee! So excited!

franzdimson
September 1st, 2014, 01:10 PM
Just sharing a few photos I took yesterday. It was a a lot of fun and quite a lot of people!

A gift bag given to Margaret and Gary for taking ownership of the registration table.

Beautiful collection of fountain pens. That MB 1912 is trying to get me in trouble even more from last Sunday.

Which one shall I fondle next?

Beautiful desk pen base

This pen is too big for my hand...

ethernautrix
September 1st, 2014, 05:46 PM
These are wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing them. That was one of the busiest Pen Posses ever - LOVED IT!

Jon Szanto
September 1st, 2014, 05:58 PM
I'm just glad Franz had a second roll of color film to load into the phone after the first ran out. I was worried that they would all look like that drab group photo...

:D

franzdimson
September 2nd, 2014, 01:02 AM
I'm just glad Franz had a second roll of color film to load into the phone after the first ran out. I was worried that they would all look like that drab group photo...

I was wondering when someone would notice that shot... :pound:

franzdimson
September 2nd, 2014, 07:54 AM
The first photo: i think you mean "Gary" not Greg, though I had a nice time at the registration desk.
Thanks for posting these!

You are absolutely correct! Thanks for letting me know.

kernando
September 2nd, 2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah, before the roll change, that desk set base would've come out looking like a silver one.

Farmboy
September 2nd, 2014, 09:11 PM

:D
I'm just glad they let me use your pens...

Jon Szanto
September 2nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
I'm just glad they let me use your pens...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/resource/t_hanks.jpg

(I think...)