PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Spain!

Don_Quijote
August 25th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Hello everybodoy. I am a Spaniard living in Madrid who spent about 14 years abroad, mostly in Northern Europe in his childhood and early youth. I just turned 51 a few days ago (got a nice Romero Llopis solid wood pen chest and an Edison Collier, as gifts, by the way). I started using pens at school, since it was compulsory in the late sixties and early seventies. I tried to use fountain pens again at University (Got a decent, and now quite collectable, I believe, Rotring 600 in EF) but did not fully succed until about two years ago, when I discovered several fora, a couple of blogs, the outstanding jod done bt Brian and Rachel Goulet, The Edison Company as well as Noodler0's and the reviews of Stephen BROWN and Matt Armstrong (The Pen Habit) which I like a lot. Both drove me here. I hope to learn a lot from you all, to share my experiences and finds, and to enjoy with you, this, my newest hobby.
Since I just started, in the hobby, I have'nt really begun a collection, I just bought or got as gifts a variety of pens, most of them, rather cheap ones, to begin learning about them and their uses. I did follow others advices and bought FPs with different loading systems and nibs.
I now have about 30 pens in my possesion, including 6 Jinhao's, 4 Noodler's (one with a JoWo nib), 2 Lamy, 2 Pilot Metropolitans, a Kaweco, a TWSBI Mini, but also a Montblanc Solitaire in silver, a Stipula Etruria, a Sailor 1911 S, and an incoming Edison Collier... I also inherited a Conklin Endura Symetrik, two Wahl-Eversharp Dorics and a Parker Duofold, all from the early thirties or late twenties, in rather good condition but still needing repair (basically new sacs and re-tipping the Conklin).

carlos.q
August 25th, 2014, 05:17 AM
ˇBienvienido y saludos desde Puerto Rico!
Welcome to the FPG. :welcome:

RuiFromUK
August 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Hola Don Quixote,

Bienvenido al forum.

Rui

Don_Quijote
August 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Gracias Carlos! Thank You!

Don_Quijote
August 25th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Hola Don Quixote,

Bienvenido al forum.

Rui

Obrigado, Rui!

caribbean_skye
August 25th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Welcome welcome. Happy belated birthday.

snedwos
August 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
ˇHola! ˇYo me vuelvo a Madrid el domingo! Por fin...
Bienvenido al foro, y a ver si nos vemos por el Club.

Your username is quite a statement!

Jeph
August 25th, 2014, 09:12 AM
:welcome:

inlovewithjournals
August 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM

VertOlive
August 25th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Welcome! That already sounds like a collection to me!

Quantum Sailor
August 27th, 2014, 11:57 AM
So I realized that all the other posts seem like I just say the same welcome thing over and over again, which I seem to do. Not because I have a generic response pre planned but more because I'm just not conversationally creative. So welcome to the forums. :)

Frank
September 2nd, 2014, 09:13 AM

chojo
September 2nd, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'm just not conversationally creative. So welcome to the forums. :)

What he said. :welcome:

Mags
September 2nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
Bienvenue and welcome.