PDA

View Full Version : I LOOOOOOOVE My Edison Collier!!

gclyn
August 26th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I just got my Edison Collier in Silver Marble colour today. This is my first Edison pen and definitely not my last. First off, one cannot truly see the depth, pearlization, and gorgeous colour through any photograph. You really have to see it in real life to appreciate the beauty of these pens.

I apologize for the crummy pictures, but I used my phone to take them and was too excited to share them to get my DSLR.

I am not going to do a detailed review as that can be found all over the web, just a first impression and to try and show the beauty of the pen.

I went to Wonder Pens here in Toronto, to try out the nibs and see which colour of the Collier I liked. The silver marble colour jumped out at me. In the light, the pen looks like it's literally glowing, just gorgeous.

Next, the nib...I have a couple mediums and mostly fine nibs. When I tried the Edison Fine nib, I was truly surprised at how thin the line was, it really seemed like and extra fine (I'm used to my Pelikan or Visconti Fine nibs), next I tried the medium, which put down a line I was used to. I wanted a "new feeling" with my nib and tried the 1.1mm stub. That was it, I fell in love with the 1.1mm stub...it writes smooth as butter, but lays down a thin enough line that complemented my small writing....I really cannot say how spectacular this nib performs. It has some feedback (like a pencil), but after using some 12000 micro mesh, it glides over the paper. Because it's a stub and not an italic, the edges are rounded and I don't have to worry about gouging the paper.

Oh I asked them to switch the monotone nib to the duo tone nib, because I think it is more esthetically pleasing to my eye.

I can provide a writing sample if one want one to see how the 1.1 mm stub looks.

The pen is a great size and compares well to a MB 149. If you don't like big pens and you like to post, then this pen is not for you. As soon as I held it, it felt "right." The pen is very light though, I think 30 g capped, 20g uncapped. The rest of the specs you can get from the web like Goulet Pens or other dealers.

So here are the pics. It is really a shame the pictures do not do this pen justice. I tried to take the pics in sunlight to show the shimmer and glow. In one of the pics you can see the the finial or top of the cap which looks like it is glowing, that is exactly how it looks in real life with the sunlight shining on it...Truly spectaclular.

Nomdeplume
August 26th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Excited? You have every right to be! Very nice pen!

Jon Szanto
August 26th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Beautiful!

earthdawn
August 27th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Congrats on a beautiful pen!

Crazyorange
August 27th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Congrats! The color of the pen is eye catching. Welcome to the edison pen addiction. One is never enough ;)

1.1 stub is my fav too. Great nib.

Post more pics on the edison pen thread. We love another pen to join the thread :)

chatminouche
August 27th, 2014, 09:31 AM
What a beautiful pen!! Congratulations! :)

gclyn
September 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Congrats! The color of the pen is eye catching. Welcome to the edison pen addiction. One is never enough ;)

1.1 stub is my fav too. Great nib.

Post more pics on the edison pen thread. We love another pen to join the thread :)

Hi Crazyorange, would love to...where would I find the edison pen thread? FYI, looking to get another Collier, either the blue or the antique marble.

Crazyorange
September 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM
Come over and join us. Before you know it....you'll have a collection of http://www.fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6451

franzdimson
September 1st, 2014, 02:49 PM
Congratulations! Edison Pens are so awesome!

Robert
September 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
The pen in Silver Marble is truly - - - - mesmerizing. I want one!

stevekolt
September 1st, 2014, 08:45 PM
Beautiful pen! And as a repeat offender...I mean customer, Brian is absolutely top shelf as far as customer service goes!

Tsuki yo
September 3rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Awesome pen!

I got my hands on a Nouveau Premiere and I love it. I think the Collier will be my next Edison.

Double like for Wonderpens, I hit them up every time I'm in the Tdot. I scored their last package of Tomoe River last time I was there.

orfew
September 3rd, 2014, 08:14 AM
Wonderful pen. Thanks for all the great photos. I have ordered from Wonderpens but never visited. I see that I shall have to remedy that soon.