PDA

View Full Version : PIF: Lamy Vista Extra Fine

Quantum Sailor
August 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
So I have a Lamy Vista fountain pen with convertor that was actually my first fountain pen several months ago. I originally gave it to my girlfriend after I found other pens that were more suited to how I write. She has since found other fountain pens that she prefers, mainly by going through my collection and snagging a few. So that's the story behind this pen. I would like it to move on to someone else who is getting into fountain pens, I'm open to sending it to someone who knows someone they would gift it to. Since I have never done this before I'm open to suggestions about how to choose a winner. Feel free to message me with any.

I seem to be good at getting the pictures upside down somehow as well lol.

Rules:
I will accept entries until Friday September 5, 2014.

I will choose a winner by assigning numbers and using a random number generator as per the suggestion by ac12.

I will ship the pen standard mail within the u.s.

Outside of the us I would be willing to split shipping fees up to what it would cost to ship the pen in the u.s.

ac12
August 27th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I think people have assigned people in order of posting from #1 and going up.
Then used a random number generator to select the person.
Or pull a card from a deck of cards. Ace to 10 is easy, jack = 11, queen = 12, king = 13.

I'll put my hat in for #1.
My nephew might like it.

Ripperg9
August 28th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Go ahead and toss my name in the hat as well #2.
I have just recently started to explore the world of fountain pens and I do not think I will ever be able to use a ballpoint again. This is one of the pens I was looking at trying out.
Thank you.

Quantum Sailor
August 28th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I was mistaken about the nib its a F not an EF. I confused which nib was on which pen.

Floreat
August 28th, 2014, 01:48 AM
That is a really wonderful offer! I have several Lamy Vistas and I live in the UK anyway so I won't apply for this, but just wanted to say that the F nib is my favourite and this would be a really great way to introduce a friend to FPs. I hope it finds a happy home :)

DMurphy
August 28th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Not an entry.

This is a very generous PIF! One of my daily pens is the Lamy Safari with the EF nib, sometimes it is a bit too fine. This will be a great pen especially for someone that has been using gel pens. The Lamy line is a great pen for someone starting out, changing out the nib is very straight forward and not cost prohibitive.

Good on you!

johnus
August 28th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Great PIF. As I have one, I'm not an entry. Enjoy!

Al_S
August 28th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Great PIF, I'd like to toss my name into the hat as well please.

RoboScribe
August 29th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Wow! This is an amazing PIF!!! I have been lurking around the web for a while, and the lamy safari/vista seems to be often recommended as a starter pen. I would like to enter to win this awesome pen.

obiwan
August 30th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I know just the person! Count me in - Thanks for the kind offer.

John

pen_noob
August 30th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Great PIF! I'm new here and this would be a cool start. Count me in!!!

ModelAirplanes
August 30th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I would love to join this pif also
count me in!

inkyletters
September 1st, 2014, 12:07 AM
Tossing my hat in on behalf of my little brother who is enamored with the concept of fountain pens. The grip on lamys will help him since he was never taught to properly write in school (no cursive, but he can type for days ) so he's having some issues learning to write in calligraphy like he wants to learn.

T.A.R.D.I.S
September 1st, 2014, 12:55 PM
Count me in! This is an awesome PIF!

chairmanez
September 2nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
I'm just starting out with this pen thing, so this would make it a grand total of three fountain pens! I'm in Australia, though, but I'd be happy to split the postage! :)

OctopusInker
September 3rd, 2014, 10:43 PM
Count me in too!!! This PIF is so good, that I motivated me to finally make an account and stop being a lurker!!!

Tsuki yo
September 4th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Please count me in! This is a great PIF. I'll be posting one of my own later today.

FayeV
September 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
I'm not entering.

This is a great PIF. I have 2 of these Vistas, one 1.1 and one EF. Great EDC pen, I keep both inked and they won't get pulled out of rotation anytime soon. The only way I can quickly and easily tell them part is by using the red Z24 converter on the 1.1 and the black Z26 converter on the EF. I kinda wish the converters came in other colors too so I could "color code" the pens for easy identification.

TrueBlue
September 4th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I'd like to enter in this PIF. I've been wanting to try a lamy for a while now.

Quantum Sailor
September 5th, 2014, 03:44 PM
By compiling a list by numbering the entrants in order of entry and plugging that into random.org the winner for the Lamy is Ripperg9. Send me a message with your address and your pen will be on its way.

DMurphy
September 6th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Congratulations Ripper9 I hope that you enjoy this pen!

Austin_Malone
September 12th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I would love to enter, I busted my Safari in EF, it was too fine anyways.

Austin_Malone
September 14th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Sorry, I'm silly. I get it is over.

Quantum Sailor
September 14th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Hi, yes sorry, the PIF ended on the 5th.