PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

inkyfingers
June 26th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hello everyone. I just arrived here at FPGeeks. I live in Ontario Canada, I'm retired and am enjoying life.

Needless to say I love Fountain Pens although I have no great collection(s) but the few I have are thoroughly and totally
loved. To date I've a Pilot VP (f), Noodler Ahab (f), TWSBI Diamond 540 (f), Aurora Ipsilon (f), Waterman Phileas (m) and
I think it's a Noodler's Preppy <-- not sure of that part but it came to me free in a bottle of Noodler's Borealis Black. Gotta'
love that word free - it's actually a great little pen - does super ink drawings.

Like the rest of you penholics, I'm planning to add to my small collection - an Edison Collier is next on my wish list along with
a TWSBI Vac 700 (demonstrator), when it appears in August. Everyone outta' my way on that one - Line forms to my right. :)

I've no favorite paper as of yet and as for colour - I'm still looking for my "perfect" black.

writingrav
June 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Welcome inky fingers. Your collection will definitely grow now that you're here. BTW, I've joined Eric in the search for the perfect grey if you have any ideas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
June 26th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the board inkifingers. Take a load off and have some cookies. :)

fountainpenkid
June 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM
welcome!

dannzeman
June 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome! Glad to have ya!

I feel I should let you know that it is one of our goals to try to get you to purchase as many pens as possible.Eric and I have a contest going to see who can put readers into the most debt. Enjoy the site! :D

goldiesdad
June 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the forum ... nice collection so far ....

Bogon07
June 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Hi & Welcome Inkyfingers.

The Parker Vacumatic 53 at home has Canada stamped on it but I think it would have come from Vancouver.

Your FP collection will probably explode in the next few months of hanging around the FPG site and listening to the podcasts.
And you will need to start thinking about arming atleast one of your pens with a stub nib (everyone else except me seems to have done so)

Noodler's Dark Matter is a nice black if you're looking to increase your black ink selection.

Parker Quink Turquoise
July 1st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Welcome and Happy Canada Day.

FP_GaF
July 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Sounds like a nice little collection to me. Welcome and have fun.

TonicLime
July 4th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Welcome inkyfingers!

ink mixer
July 4th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Welcome!