PDA

View Full Version : Can't stay logged in

Sailor Kenshin
June 26th, 2012, 05:16 PM
And it's really frustrating. I check the stay-logged-in box but each time I navigate away I get 'kicked off.'

Not happening to any other innerweb forum.

I'm can't change browsers just for a single forum so I'm at my wit's end.

dannzeman
June 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Do you think you can provide us with some more details?

I've not experienced this issue and I use 3 different browsers across 2 different OS's.

KrazyIvan
June 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I have seen it once. Not really sure what happened but in the middle of a conversation I was logged out using Chromium. Has not happened since.

Sailor Kenshin
July 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM
What further details? Like my browser, version, etc?

I used to be able to stay logged in, but not recently. Sometimes I have to log back in every day.

I do check the stay-logged-in box, too.

Thanks.

KrazyIvan
July 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Just throwing something out there. Do you have anything in your browser set that blocks cookies or erases them for you?

TNDent
July 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
You will also have a problem staying logged in if you have private browsing turned on in your browser.

Sailor Kenshin
July 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
You mean like stealth mode?

TNDent
July 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, I believe stealth mode is a Firefox add-on - not sure. It also goes by Private Browsing, InPrivate and Incognito. Might be others.

I have privacy mode switched on in Safari on my iPad and it always deletes my login credentials. But it never affects Tapatalk. ...Sorry if TMI - I'm an IT guy :->

Terrill
via iPad

Sailor Kenshin
July 10th, 2012, 07:00 AM
It was ok for about a week, but now I have to log on every day, even though I check that box.

Since this is NOT the case with any of my other forums it has to be some quirk of this one.

Sailor Kenshin
July 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM
OK, seriously? I now have to log in three or four times a day?

KrazyIvan
July 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
ouch.

TNDent
July 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I've looked at the general forum settings & there doesn't seem to be a setting or combination of settings that could defeat staying logged-in. Also checked the Vbulletin (forum software maker) FAQ and there was no help there. With the information at hand I can only guess it is an issue with the interaction of the forum software & your PC. It's a long shot, but I suppose it's possible it could be caused by your Internet Service Provider (e.g. extended open session being terminated).

Maybe someone with access to the software producer's help desk could ask if this is a known issue with a possible solution?

Sorry, hoped I could to solve this for you.

Terrill
via iPad

dannzeman
July 11th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Sailor, what browser(s) are you using and what are the version numbers? Also, what OS?

It could be you need an update. It could be a conflict with browser plug-ins, if you have any installed. You may need to install a different browser to see if you have the same problem. You should probably also uninstall and reinstall your current browser.

I still haven't noticed any of the problems you're describing and I have no way of creating them to try to help narrow down the issue.

Sailor Kenshin
July 12th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I'll have to check on the number/version of IE I'm using, but since this problem is confined to this particular forum (I have NO trouble w/any other forums, whether PH or VB or some other weird platform), I have to think it's somehow related to this one.

It just doesn't 'like' me. TT__TT

dannzeman
July 12th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I'll have to check on the number/version of IE I'm using, but since this problem is confined to this particular forum (I have NO trouble w/any other forums, whether PH or VB or some other weird platform), I have to think it's somehow related to this one.

It just doesn't 'like' me. TT__TT
You're using IE? Well, first things first: stop using IE. Please install Google Chrome and use it for a few days. Let us know if the problem continues.

Sailor Kenshin
July 12th, 2012, 02:22 PM
You're using IE? Well, first things first: stop using IE. Please install Google Chrome and use it for a few days. Let us know if the problem continues.

Unfortunately, I can't install another browser. Gotta stick with this.

dannzeman
July 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, I can't install another browser. Gotta stick with this.
So is this a work computer then?

Sailor Kenshin
July 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM
In a way....

But now I can't stay logged in on certain other forums even when I check the box---there's one where it logs me out every time I try to reply.

No one likes me; I think I have a case of forum cooties. And this now seems a dilemma for the 'IT team.'