PDA

View Full Version : Pen Repair

southpaw52
August 30th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I'm looking to have a Waterman Crusader re-sacked, looking for individuals who do pen repair.

Cob
August 30th, 2014, 01:31 PM
It's shame you are so far away; I'd be happy to do it for you as a PIF!

Cob

Jon Szanto
August 30th, 2014, 01:37 PM
A lot of people could do this. At the front of my list would be to contact Danny Fudge (http://www.thewritepen.net/). Great work, fast turn-around, reasonable rates.

gweddig
August 31st, 2014, 12:33 AM
Some repair people don't take those Taperites because the plastic is brittle and they are generally difficult open up without breaking. If yours is the same series I'm thinking of.
I picked up several earlier this year and about half are now parts.

Check with Ron Zorn too.

--greg

Jon Szanto
August 31st, 2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks, Greg. I hadn't remembered that the "Crusader" was similar in construction to the other "Taperites", and I'll vouch for that: I picked up about 5 of them, and even with above-reasonable care, only two survived having the section pulled to replace the sac. The plastic on these pens is crazy brittle, and they used shellac that holds like SuperGlue.

Cob
August 31st, 2014, 12:41 AM
Thanks, Greg. I hadn't remembered that the "Crusader" was similar in construction to the other "Taperites", and I'll vouch for that: I picked up about 5 of them, and even with above-reasonable care, only two survived having the section pulled to replace the sac. The plastic on these pens is crazy brittle, and they used shellac that holds like SuperGlue.

Whew - I'm glad I am so far away!

Cob

southpaw52
September 2nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
The good thing is the section is already free from the barrel.