PDA

View Full Version : The Visconti Corsani 90th Anniv. is the love child of the Homo Sapiens and Wall St LE

dannzeman
September 3rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/visconti-90%C2%B0-iv_1403281738-798x531.jpg (http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/visconti-90%C2%B0-iv_1403281738.jpg)

Paolina Corsani, a shop that opened in 1924 in Rome, Italy, is celebrating its 90th Anniversary will a limited edition pen from Visconti. The pen is based on the Homo Sapiens design and made from the silver striped celluloid used in the Wall Street. The result is an absolutely stunning pen that makes me regret some of my most recent purchases.

The Visconti Corsani Limited Edition is available in 79 fountain pens, the street number of their store location, and 11 roller balls for a total of 90 pens. The fountain pen will come with Visconti’s 23k palladium nib and utilize their double reservoir power filling system. The pen sells for €590 (~$775) and is available at StilographCorsani.com (http://www.stilographcorsani.com/vendita-online/strumenti-da-scrittura/penne-stilografiche/0067.html).

Crazyorange
September 3rd, 2014, 06:16 PM
I need a better paying job. That's a great looking pen.

00Photo
September 3rd, 2014, 07:24 PM
In a moment of weakness I went to the site and whipped out my credit card only to find I can't read italian. I downloaded google chrome and had it auto translate for me and got as far as the checkout page that says you have to contact them if you live outside of Italy. It is kinda hard to contact someone in italian when you don't speak italian. :(

dannzeman
September 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
In a moment of weakness I went to the site and whipped out my credit card only to find I can't read italian. I downloaded google chrome and had it auto translate for me and got as far as the checkout page that says you have to contact them if you live outside of Italy. It is kinda hard to contact someone in italian when you don't speak italian. :(

They speak English. Pretty well, too.

00Photo
September 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Crackerjack! I might have to have a moment of weakness again tomorrow. :D

velo
September 3rd, 2014, 11:02 PM
That is a beautiful pen.

My Vac was a disappointment because of the dimensions. The Wall Street has a similar look but I'm not keen on the metal section. This one looks just right.

Bogon07
September 4th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Only 79 :cry:
Looks like an updated Manhattan .... did they come in silver/grey or only red, green & blue ?

The only minor draw back is the lack of an ink window in a DRPFS.

The HomoSapiens really is a great pen body. It will be interesting to see what other materials Visconti uses with it....some of the stuff they use in the Divinas would also look good. A Desert Springs version would be wild.

caribbean_skye
September 4th, 2014, 05:10 AM
I am waiting to hear if Tracy Lee is also overcome by a moment of weakness. That is a gorgeous pen.

writingrav
September 4th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Temptation thy name is Visconti.

dannzeman
September 4th, 2014, 06:19 AM
I am waiting to hear if Tracy Lee is also overcome by a moment of weakness. That is a gorgeous pen.

I hear she's not that keen on the Wall St celluloid.

Tracy Lee
September 4th, 2014, 06:28 AM

Still committed to the "no more pens in 2014" but I will say that the shape and styling of the Homo Sapiens is enough by itself to generate interest, yes. The Wall Street Celluloid is fine, but not a driver for me. But no doubt the pen is really beautiful. I would be a big fat liar if I tried to say otherwise.

dannzeman
September 4th, 2014, 06:31 AM
"No more pens in 2014"…what kind of nonsense is that?! You've got 4 months left of the year. I'll be disappointed if you actually commit to that.

Crazyorange
September 4th, 2014, 09:24 AM

Still committed to the "no more pens in 2014" but I will say that the shape and styling of the Homo Sapiens is enough by itself to generate interest, yes. The Wall Street Celluloid is fine, but not a driver for me. But no doubt the pen is really beautiful. I would be a big fat liar if I tried to say otherwise.

That pen would be beautiful in your collection. It's styling would fit in with the rest of crew.

Tracy Lee
September 4th, 2014, 09:40 AM
"No more pens in 2014"…what kind of nonsense is that?! You've got 4 months left of the year. I'll be disappointed if you actually commit to that.

When you have spent the kind of money I have on pens in one year? Time to sit back and enjoy and plan for 2015!! Because it's . . . Oy. A lot.

dannzeman
September 4th, 2014, 09:52 AM

When you have spent the kind of money I have on pens in one year? Time to sit back and enjoy and plan for 2015!! Because it's . . . Oy. A lot.

I know, I've just gotta give you a hard time. I'm in the same boat. I've acquired so any pens this year that some of them have been neglected. I need to chill and just use them.

manoeuver
September 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
oh man. Wall St LE in the gray WAS my grail pen. this one... sheesh.

Llewellyn
September 4th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Although I'm not really keen on either the look of the Wall Street or resin versions of the Homo Sapiens, I must say that this actually looks quite nice.

Fortunately it's out of my price range

caribbean_skye
September 4th, 2014, 05:18 PM

I know, I've just gotta give you a hard time. I'm in the same boat. I've acquired so any pens this year that some of them have been neglected. I need to chill and just use them.

if you need someone to give your pens some love, you know where to find me Dan

EclecticCollector
October 2nd, 2014, 07:04 PM

Got room in that boat for one more? :P

alc3261
October 3rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Oh dear......
I just bought the HS Crystal, a Conid Bulkfiller Streamline (totally clear version), a Delta Blue Jay AND I already have a Wall St BUT.........
AND I do speak some Italian!!!!
Can anything save me???

Tracy Lee
October 3rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Oh dear......
I just bought the HS Crystal, a Conid Bulkfiller Streamline (totally clear version), a Delta Blue Jay AND I already have a Wall St BUT.........
Can anything save me???

Yes, you can buy it and send it to me. Then we are both saved. Well, me more than you maybe, but saved nonetheless. :):)

Bogon07
October 4th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Oh dear......
Can anything save me???

Yes, you can buy it and send it to me. Then we are both saved. Well, me more than you maybe, but saved nonetheless. :):)

Congratulations on your latest swag. Oh my goodness which one to use first ?

Which type of BlueJay did you catch - piston or converter ?

It doesn't seem like you really want or need to be saved at this rate you're in fountain pen nirvana. :angel:

alc3261
October 4th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Oh dear......
Can anything save me???

Congratulations on your latest swag. Oh my goodness which one to use first ?

Which type of BlueJay did you catch - piston or converter ?

It doesn't seem like you really want or need to be saved at this rate you're in fountain pen nirvana. :angel:

I got the C/C Blue Jay.

GING GING
October 5th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I'd pay twice that for a pen that i like, but this pen does absolutely nothing for me. im not visconti bashing. i like their pens. Maybe its just the striping that i dont like