PDA

View Full Version : Disques problems

brando090
June 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM
FPGeek's feedback channel, Disques, is not working...

melissa59
June 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I had a problem with it late Thursday night/early Friday morning when I tried to sign up. When I checked on "status" (not sure where I saw that) it said that Disqus was down for maintenance. Then yesterday, I saw an email in my inbox, prompted by a post I left on FPGeeks, and was able to sign up that way.

I'm curious how it is supposed to work with the podcast. I guess I'll eventually see.

brando090
June 30th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Just go to the podcast page, sign up to comment, and that you watch live.

ianmedium
June 30th, 2012, 11:07 PM
What I have done after signing up for Disqus was to go to their home page and sign in. i then went to the FPGeeks page and my name was automatically there. I guess it must be cookies or something, I am not sure as I am about as technically aware as Butter!

Pinkys.Brain
July 1st, 2012, 12:46 AM
Another problem I had: Comments are not displayed when using the Opera browser. There are no problems when using the IE, but I hate that one -_-

Works fine now. ^_^

brando090
July 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
What I have done after signing up for Disqus was to go to their home page and sign in. i then went to the FPGeeks page and my name was automatically there. I guess it must be cookies or something, I am not sure as I am about as technically aware as Butter!

What webpage to sign up?

ianmedium
July 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
What webpage to sign up?

I must say it's not the most user friendly thing but after signing out (which took me a while to find!) I found the page I used.

http://disqus.com/profile/signup/

I signed up rather than signed in via twitter or Facebook as I do not like sharing my information with all these companies so they end up all liked! I like to keep the info trails separate!

It was easy though to sign up and you get the usual email that you have to click the link to authenticate your request so check you spam folder as it came into mine!

Hope that helps.

brando090
July 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Thank you very much! But still not working...

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Working fine here but I had my Disqus account before it was implemented here.

melissa59
July 3rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
Working fine here but I had my Disqus account before tit was implemented here.

Had yours that long, huh?

KrazyIvan
July 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Not that long. :redface: