PDA

View Full Version : A Little German Translation help Please

Cob
September 9th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Hullo,

I have a bought a pen on German ebay, and I want to write to the seller: "The money was paid into your bank account on Monday; please mark the item as paid and tell me when you are shipping it. Thank you."

Thanks in advance to any kind German-speaking soul who can help.

Cob

carlos.q
September 9th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Have you tried Google translate?
Das Geld wurde am Montag auf Ihr Bankkonto überwiesen; Bitte markieren Sie die Position als bezahlt und mir sagen, wenn Sie es Versand. Danke

PSmith
September 9th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Perhaps something like:

"Das Geld wurde am Montag auf Ihr Bankkonto überwiesen. Bitte markieren Sie den Artikel als bezahlt und teilen Sie mir bitte mit wann Sie die Ware versenden möchten. Recht herzlichen Dank."

Quantum Sailor
September 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM
A more nefarious person could have a lot of fun with said request lol. I know .... not helpful but part of me firmly believes it had to be said.

Cob
September 9th, 2014, 04:24 PM
A more nefarious person could have a lot of fun with said request lol. I know .... not helpful but part of me firmly believes it had to be said.

Yes that thought had occurred to me, but Geeks aren't like that are they?http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/smoking-smileys/smoking_03.gif

I have to say that I already sent the first one off to the seller; I hope I have not started an international incident! Foolishly I believed the convenient fiction that all Germans spoke English; this is seemingly not the case!

Cob

whych
September 9th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Most take English at school but never use it. Best to reply in German apologising for the mistakes and see what the seller does.
I can read German, but speaking and writing are not too good, so Isuppose I am semi-leterate in German. ;)

The translations are OK.
Try translate.google.com.

Jeph
September 10th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Sorry I missed this but either of those answers will work, as English would have.
I have stopped using Google translate for correspondence (although I still use my wife) but I still use it to quickly read chunks of German to see if I need to look closer.

The real reson I am posting is that you are supposed to be the one who marks the item as payed after you make the transfer. Mine usually arrive in theor account between 0 and 3 days after submission. Then they should mark it as shipped and you should get a notice of such when they do.

Cob
September 10th, 2014, 05:30 AM
I have just received the following message:

Habe heute Geld erhalten,und den Füller heute Verschickt.
Füller wird per Einschreiben zugestellt. Gruß Patrick!

?????????????????????????????

Jeph
September 10th, 2014, 05:40 AM
He has recieved your payment and will be sending the pen out today registered.

Cob
September 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM
He has recieved your payment and will be sending the pen out today registered.

Many thanks Jeph; phew! That's a relief!

I believe we'll meet at the Geeks' meeting next month.

Best wishes

Cob