PDA

View Full Version : Penguin Postcard Selection

alc3261
September 12th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Selection of 10 Penguin book cover postcards.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rko4qbk4otkyh1y/2014-09-13%2001.10.30.jpg?dl=0
The selection may well not be the actual cards shown in this photo as I've used a stock photo of the set I purchased. So of these are quite odd eg "Scootering" which looks as if the book was written in the 60s but various Classic covers are also included eg Catcher in the Rye and other similar titles. I'll pick a random selection for the winner.
We all need cards for our Penpal correspondence so try out these different ones!!
Reply with reasons why you'd like them in this thread.

rdcalhoon
September 12th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Am I the only one who opened this expecting to see illustrations of penguins? Book covers are fun too. I'm not much of a postcard writer, so I'll pass on these, but I did want to comment on an excellent PIF.

Dreck
September 13th, 2014, 06:22 AM
I *love* postcards, although I am generally too verbose for them. I have accumulated a modest collection, as I try to buy interesting ones when we travel. Others have come from friends & family. I make color copies of the really cool ones & use spray adhesive to mount the copies to card stock. These are the ones I use for my pen pal PIF's or send out to beautify the USPS. Some of these look really cool. What may now be only 1 postcard of a book cover might become a dozen for several others to enjoy.

whych
September 13th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Am I the only one who opened this expecting to see illustrations of penguins? Book covers are fun too. I'm not much of a postcard writer, so I'll pass on these, but I did want to comment on an excellent PIF.
You weren't the only one! I though we had another convert to Linux.

southpaw52
September 13th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Count me in. Like old cards such these.

mrcharlie
September 13th, 2014, 07:42 PM

That penguin is a felon! Wallace and Gromit taught us that back in the 1990s.

Chrissy
September 14th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I love postcards. I have loads of penpals and I send postcards all over the world. I'm on vacation in Florida, and have been sending them to my US and Canadian penpals while I have been here on holiday. I bought pens to be delivered here, i bought ink to be delivered here, I bought TR paper to be delivered here, and I brought penpal addresses and postcards with me. I have used them all! Plus I have used the hotel paper and envelopes to write letters. I have posted something most days. I have even made an arrangement with the lady in the hotel shop that I can add the stamps to my room!

It's a good job that I'm back next Saturday so that I can restock and start again where I left off.

I would LOVE to enter

DMurphy
September 14th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I would like to be considered for this PIF. I have gotten a couple of pen pals from the PIFs and I would like to be able to send post cards as well as letters to my new found friends. Sometimes it is nice to send a quick note rather that a long deep letter...

Tracy Lee
September 14th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I don't usually join in on the PIFs, but I will throw my hat in on this one. I send postcards and I also enclose them in letters for others to enjoy unmarked, or to use and pass on yet again. These are neat postcards for that purpose! Thanks for offering it.

kataish
September 16th, 2014, 10:24 AM
oh my goodness! I love reading and also vintage styles (plus penguins are amazing creatures). I would love to win this PIF to share these with my penpals! I like to include these and also sometimes send postcards in between letters to give someone a smile.

Thanks for the chance at this awesome PIF.

Chrissy
September 17th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I love postcards. I have loads of penpals and I send postcards all over the world. I'm on vacation in Florida, and have been sending them to my US and Canadian penpals while I have been here on holiday. I bought pens to be delivered here, i bought ink to be delivered here, I bought TR paper to be delivered here, and I brought penpal addresses and postcards with me. I have used them all! Plus I have used the hotel paper and envelopes to write letters. I have posted something most days. I have even made an arrangement with the lady in the hotel shop that I can add the stamps to my room!

It's a good job that I'm back next Saturday so that I can restock and start again where I left off.

Having seen your kind thanks for my post, I will add that I have now found 2 last postcards, that I haven't sent, in the bottom of my case pocket . They are B&W English Heritage views of Ann Hathaway's Cottage 1945-1980 and Looking towards St Paul's Cathedral 1950-1959. If 2 people in the US want me to send them, I will do so if you pm me your addresses. I don't wish to rule out others permanently, but for the moment have this couple of cards left to use here.

alc3261
September 22nd, 2014, 03:46 PM
2 winners - DMurphy and Tracy Lee :)
Let me have your addresses please.

DMurphy
September 23rd, 2014, 05:40 AM
Thank you very MUCH!!

Tracy Lee
September 24th, 2014, 04:39 AM

Holy cow, this is wonderful!!! PMing address though it's all over the forum so not sure why I am suddenly being secretive. :-)

alc3261
October 5th, 2014, 03:20 PM
I'm going to run this again as I have a box of these postcards.

Tracy Lee
October 5th, 2014, 05:00 PM

I have received mine and they are fantastic!!! Thank you so much and a proper thank you is also coming. :-)