PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Pantone?

writingrav
July 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
I recently came across a notebook that I really liked by Pantone. I needed it for a small project and as is only contained too few pages for a regular journal I sought out this larger, 240 page notebook. It has sewn signatures, hard cardboard covers, a book mark and an outside elastic strap. The paper is way more FP friendly than a moleskine. I'm not sure how I would compare it to my beloved webbies, but I thought I'd mention it. The paper is green tinted and the lines are 1/4 spaced which is bit wider than I'd usually like, but maybe it will help with all the broad and stub nibs I've been accumulating.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

etoyoc
July 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
How odd... it comes with toes?

I've looked at these before (at a Target?)... I hadn't tried them yet. Please let us know how they do.

writingrav
July 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
HaHa. Hadn't noticed my toes snuck into the picture. I have a couple of weeks left in my present journal, but will move this one up to next in line and report.

fountainpenkid
July 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
price?

ink mixer
July 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Is it actually from the Pantone company or is it from Chronicle Books like the Pantone notecards?

writingrav
July 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
$15. I bought it from Pantone directly as far as I could tell.

fountainpenkid
July 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
o.k thanks!

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Please do test it. I sort of cringe when I see pages like that as I have had bad experiences with pages like that and fountain pens. It turned out the pages were printed with a kind of ink that repels fountain pen ink. Made it totally useless except for use with a ballpoint or pencil. :(

Bogon07
July 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
White lines style of paper !

As Ivan says you may need to be very selective about your ink/nib combinations on this type of paper.

writingrav
July 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I hope you can read my review. Bottom line, it is less than stellar. The paper does seem to repel the ink somewhat and the show through is unacceptable for my purposes. Ah well, the price of inquiry.

ink mixer
July 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Interesting. I was cleaning for my move, and found out that I had bought a Pantone notebook a few weeks back. It looks a little different from yours, though. After I'm situated, I'll take a few pictures.

writingrav
July 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Interesting. I was cleaning for my move, and found out that I had bought a Pantone notebook a few weeks back. It looks a little different from yours, though. After I'm situated, I'll take a few pictures.

They must make many different notebooks. The first one I bought was perfect for fountain pens, but was very thin, maybe 30 or so pages and I needed something bigger so I bought the above almost 200 page hardback notebook and the paper is completely different and unsatisfactory.