PDA

View Full Version : Relighting my interest

ac12
September 15th, 2014, 12:15 PM
This section of the forum has reignited my interest in my mechanical pencils and lead holders.

I almost feel like pulling out a drawing board and T-square, just so I can draw with the lead holders.
It's funny how I miss that feeling of rotating the lead holder as I draw a line.
It is a totally different feeling when I draw with a pencil vs. using a CAD program in the computer. The pencil feels more creative, the computer more precise. But the creative part is missing when I use the computer. I feel like I have to use paper and pencil to do the creative stuff, before I can put it into the computer.

I've been down to the office supply store, looking at drafting supplies; lead holder, triangle, architects scale, ...

Oblique and Inky
September 15th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Junk shops and antique fairs often have wonderful technical drawing equipment that's been 'improved on' by technology. The build quality and feel is better than anything made now by a huge margin, and you can find some great bargains. Enjoy and post some drawings if you have any to hand.